Find it very strange, need advise

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ParagJain, Mar 12, 2013.

1. ParagJain macrumors 6502

i had been doubting my iPhone 5's battery for a while; so here is what i did.

I kept 2 phones with me.

iP5 : about 4 months old
    iP4 : about 2.5 years old.

They are the excat copy in terms of apps, running apps, mail fetch cycle, etc.
    I anyways had 2 cellular connection and both were from same operator with same specs like download and 3G and those sorta stuff.

From my end, i tired using the same apps on both phones at the same time for nearly 3 days and to my surprise, iP4's batter is better than iP5 on all 3 days, but a good margin, about 15 % of it.

I am currently in India, and its not easy to just walk down to service center and they'll replace the phone..for them, battery concerns are not really defects, they are more user oriented stuff and they don't entertain a lot.

so what can be my options..i am not very pleased that my 2.5 year old phone is outlasting my 4 month old phone so very consistently.

for past 3 days, i didn't use any camera or messaging at all.

2. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

3. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

Can't you try contacting AppleCare India? That's what I'd do anyway...

4. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

5. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

I live in India, Officially, Apple is not in country with its own stores. We get retailed out apple products only via official retailers like bestbuy or walmart in usa ; there is a official service centre but, like i said; battery problems is not something these folks consider as manufacturer defect.
    They are saying its user and usage issue.

How can I convince that this is a device issue and not usage? Any apps that can store the battery usage on both phones..i can buy/install and show it as a log to them ...

----------

3 days may be not; but surely better than 2.5 years old phone...

6. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

If there no Apple stores in India your pretty much out of lick unless you call Apple. But it seems like a far cry being in India.

If you visit America they'd do it at the Genius Bar at our apple stores

7. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

15% difference is well within any margin of error. Why should that be an issue? Why should they be exactly the same? They are totally different devices. Sounds great to me. :cool:

8. ParagJain thread starter macrumors 6502

The difference is with the age on 2 phones. iPhone 4 is nearly 2.5 years old, used daily for that duration. I'd expect the battery life to fall down to nearly 75% by this time..if not less.

iPhone 5 is just 4 months old..

If i had compared with devices of near similar age, then yes the difference is will within margin, but 2.1 years of age difference, I'd expect iPhone 5 to outlast iPhone 4 any day any time...