Find my iPad works on one iPad but not the other one

Discussion in 'iPad' started by K1W12012, Mar 9, 2012.

1. K1W12012 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have an I Phone 4S and a WiFi/3G iPad2 both with Find iPhone installed, each will find the other and they can both be found from a PC on the iCloud website.

My daughter has an iPad 2 WiFi and has installed the same App. It doesn't show up under a search from either my Phone, iPad or PC and not at all from her own iPad even when accessing the iCloud website via Safari.

It always says No Location available.

The iPad that can't be located is curently sitting about 2 ft away from my phone and iPad, both of which can be located from it within seconds.

I have gone through all the steps for setup and checked all the settings that are common between the two iPads are the same.

I am at a bit of a loss as to why it doesn't work and would like some advice as to what to try next if anyone has had similar experiences and has overcome the issue.

I pushed her to get this after her Ipod was stolen by a supposed friend and am hoping if this happens again that the software will do what it says on the tin. Currently it does for my two devices but not hers.

We have different Apple ID's between her and my devices.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You did log in to Find My iPad with your daughter's Apple ID?

Also, try downloading Find My Friends -- you'll need to install it on both your iPads -- and see if you can get it to track your daughter's iPad. That might be a better solution for you, since you won't have to keep signing in and out of your Find My iPad account to find your daughter's iPad.

3. highertechnology macrumors 6502

Find my ipad is an easier solution. Just load it up on both and accept requests on both.

4. K1W12012 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

We sign in as her on her iPad, it shows up as locating and then switches to No Location Available. She signs in as her on mine and her iPad shows up the same way

We sign in on hers as me and it can find my Phone and iPad in seconds.

We sign in as her on iCloud.com and the same applies, sign in as me and I can see my devices no problem.

Her iPad is able to surf the net, get mail and make Skype calls so it is online just this app either doesn't see it that way or something else is screwy.