Find My iPhone cant locate my iPhone 3G running on 4.2.1.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by opassa, Mar 28, 2011.

1. opassa macrumors newbie

I have 3 devices registered with my mobile me account - iPad, iPod Touch and iPhone 3G. Both iPad and iPod show their location without any problem. It is completely different story with the iPhone.

It is set up exactly the way iPad and iPod are, but all I get when I run FMi is "location not available" for this iPhone. I did everything I found in the troubleshoot guide and in all posts related to this issue I was able to find.
    still nothing.

I did numerous airplane mode toggles, tried wifi, 3G, edge connection, removed and re-added my mobileme account, tried different mobileme account - nothing.

I even went it trough apple support and they were helpless too.
    What can be the issue?

I have iPhone 3G 16GB, running 4.2.1. jailbroken, unlocked and activated, baseband 6.15, I am not having any other issues, everything works just fine.

Any ideas?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That is your problem right there.
    You have the ipad baseband installed and when you do that you lose your GPS function. So without GPS FindMyiPhone will not be able to determine and send your location.

3. opassa thread starter macrumors newbie

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Nope, that's what happens when you install the ipad bb to your iphone 3G and 3GS. You lose GPS.
    And with Apple not releasing any firmware past 4.2.1 for the iphone 3G you're stuck with that baseband unless the JB community somehow finds a way to downgrade the baseband to older versions.

5. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

As of today, there is no fix for that. Dev team already addressed this on their blog about this. You should have read and do research on consequences about this baseband 06.15 before installed it on your iphone.

6. opassa thread starter macrumors newbie

trouble is I got it this way, had no idea until now that ipad baseband can be a problem.. damn:/