Find my iPhone no longer works?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeffro211, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Jeffro211 macrumors newbie

My wife lost her iphone while she was out last night. As soon as she got home I went to icloud and pulled up the gps location of the phone on "find my iPhone". It was exactly at the place she had just left. The place was closed so I locked it and sent a message telling whoever found it to call my cell phone. The next day I logged back on to icloud to see if the phone had moved and it was still at the same location but now the icon was grayed out. I could also no longer send any messages. I'm assuming whoever has the phone has turned it off but when we attempt to call it it still rings as though it is on. I went back to the place and they said they never had a phone turned in. Any thoughts as to what has happened and what I can do? Also is there anything at&t (my provider) can do about it?

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Did she have a pass code lock? Maybe they just turned off the Find My iPhone account?

3. Jeffro211, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

Jeffro211 thread starter macrumors newbie

No, she didn't have a passcode before. When I was on the cloud I remotely put a passcode on it. So whoever has it can no longer access the phone's content without the code. I was able to do this while I could activly see the phone's location on the cloud so I know the phone was on and tracking.