Find my iPhone sound?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lostngone, Mar 11, 2013.

1. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Is it just me or does sound the phone plays seem to be worst possible sound to play to actually pin-point the device.

I am not talking about if you left it on a table or on the floor in a large uncluttered room. I am talking about a more cluttered environment like in a pile of clothes or underneath/behind car seats. The modified sonar tone makes it very hard(for me at least) to pin-point by sound alone.
    I would think a loud constant single tone or split tone would be much easier to pin-point.

Maybe it is just me...

2. John T macrumors 68020

John T

If the phone is not too distant, why not do as I do, namely, ringing yourself and then you can choose your own ring tone?

3. lostngone thread starter macrumors demi-god

lostngone

I only have one phone.

4. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

? I use google voice for 2 things - calling CS or finding my phone...It's 2013, we don't need phones to make calls any more.

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

None of that matters if your phone is on vibrate mode, which is what makes Find My Phone such a fantastic feature to begin with.

I don't have the problem the OP does with the sound, but that doesn't mean FMP isn't a totally unique feature that nothing else can do.

6. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

its not designed to track it right down, it's so you can quickly locate its rough position, the last 2 meters your on your own

7. John T macrumors 68020

John T

Aha - good point! However, you could use Skype on your MacBook to make the call.