Find My Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SMELTN, Sep 24, 2013.

1. SMELTN macrumors regular

SMELTN

So Apple is pushing everyone to upgrade their phones and turn on the Find My Phone feature. My problem is, I want to add my daughter and my wife to my list of devices so when I open up the find my phone app it will show them as well.

How do I get this to work on other devices that are not signed into the same icloud account? See my wife and daughter back up their devices and contacts, etc to their icloud accounts, so I have to have them logged in their devices using that ID. So is there another way to add devices to Find my Phone I am not seeing? I don't want to use the find my friend app because its a seperate app, you can't do it from a browser if needed, plus we can't lock the device if something happens and they loose their phone

2. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

You could use find my friends app? Find my phone is just for your registered devices. They will no doubt have registered their own IDs so the friends app sounds sufficient.

3. deeddawg macrumors 603

Wrong app - Find my iPhone only works with your iCloud account.

you want the Find My Friends app which will work with other people.
    Provides similar functionality.

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Find my Friends is what you want...problem is, there is a bug, currently that stops it from working if it is closed on the other persons multi-task tray. So all your kid has to do is stop it from running...and they go away.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Use Find My Friends when you want to just check where the other people are. When you need to find or lock down a lost phone, use Find My iPhone. Just log out of your account and log in to the account of the phone you are looking for. Actually, my Find My iPhone app is almost always logged into my partner's account, and his is logged into mine, because we more often use it to look for the other device than to look for our own... if that makes sense?