Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacManDan

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2003
I saw this in Best Buy a week or two ago .. it looks like it has a keychain ring at the end, but it's definitely too big to go on any of my keychains. It looks like a really cool gadget but I wouldn't use it .. kind of bulky for what it does (IMO) and it seems better suited for war drivers. Usually if I'm out and about I want to get away from the internet, not look for access to it!

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i already ordered mine not to long ago, should be in soon.

iJon

mainstreetmark

macrumors 68020
May 7, 2003
Saint Augustine, FL
I ordered one too. Should come in handy now that I live on a boat and would just be in hog heaven if I happen to come across a wifi out on the river. I'd just anchor and stay, coming ashore only for beer and women.

Ok, mostly beer.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
yeah neat idea for a gadget but sicne i dont wardrive or travel mjuch i have no need for it. I'll defianetly try to find a use for it so i can order one tho.

MacFan25

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2003
USA
I was kind of surprised to hear that its the only WiFi finder on the market. I bet there will be more soon.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Originally posted by MacFan25
I was kind of surprised to hear that its the only WiFi finder on the market. I bet there will be more soon.

I think that's because most people just use software to find WiFi networks... if you're going to be surfing the net, you're going to have to have your computer on... so why not just use the software? But, this of course will allow you to check it without your computer on, and so you wouldn't have to waste battery power starting up your computer if there turns out to be no WiFi networks nearby...

irmongoose

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.