Finder Problems in OsX

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
Hi there,

I'm having a minor problem and I hope someone can help me or has made the same experience...

Here we go: the finder kind of misbehaves on my new TiBook...:confused:

first problem: somtimes I can't select items on the desktop. It is possible to open them, but the icons won't get marked... hmmm
-if I restart the finder, the problem is solved (but that can't be a permanent solution, can it...)

second problem: when I postion an icon near the left side of the screen, the icons on the screen (volumes and aliases) get pushed further to the right... the background picture stays at it's position though... hmmm-hmmm
:confused: :confused: :confused:
cleaning up and resetting to the grit brings the icons back to their old position...

is there a solution to those problems? do I have to reinstall the whole system? I hope not...

Thanks
vollspacken

BenderBot1138

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2002
Sorry for the Double Post

Interesting problem ... do you have a method by which you can conveniently watch your CPU load?

What kind of mouse and hubs are you using (if any).

:cool:

vollspacken

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 17, 2002
Boogie-Down Berlintown
Re: Sorry for the Double Post

Originally posted by BenderBot1138

What kind of mouse and hubs are you using (if any).

no hub, only MS optical mouse blue USB...

...CPU-monitor doesn't show much, but it shows at least nothing unusual

:confused:

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
The last one is because OS X doesn't treat the Desktop any different from a normal folder. If you do the same thing in a regular folder you will get the same results.

The other one however, sounds like a crash of coreservicesd. It can be triggered be doing certain things, especially mounting certain disk images, and especially in 10.2.2.