Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pippin85

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2020
Hi, I suspect someone ( long story) took photos on my iPhone while it was unlocked, uploaded them to the Internet, then deleted them. They are not in the Recently Deleted photos album, and I don't use iCloud or backup. Is there a way to confirm if photos were indeed taken such as using an app that reveals when the iPhone shutter was used, or something like that? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
You're asking if there is an app that will show you all the metadata for a photo posted somewhere that includes details related to your iPhone?

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
A forensic analysis could probably answer this, but I’m talking about an expert using specialized software. I don’t know of home software that could tell you this.

DevinNj

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2016
New Jersey
A forensic analysis could probably answer this, but I’m talking about an expert using specialized software. I don’t know of home software that could tell you this.
Expanding on this, your best bet would be to contact Apple, they can remote in, but I'm not sure if they even would, or if it would even show anything. Have you checked your browsing history to see what, if any websites were accessed? Or even checked for any sent emails/messages? Curious as to why you think you've been compromised?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.