Fire hits Palin's Church

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Peace, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

"God, should I run for president in 2012? Give me a sign"

3. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

''Oh, jees. God thinks it's a hot idea if I run for president. Ain't that just swell''

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

"God will do the right thing."

Apparently the fire caused around $1 million worth of damage, or around 5 Palin wardrobes.

5. drichards macrumors 6502a

drichards

6. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

While I am certainly not a fan of Sarah Palin, I am much less of a fan of whatever douche is behind this.

Arson is so **cking clever.

7. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Uh, yeah...you don't fight conservatism with worthwhile ideas and values; you fight it with matches and gasoline. :rolleyes:

....Jackass....

I don't care if anyone thinks Palin and/or the church are a bunch of religious nutcases...this is despicable.

Okay, I do feel bad about this, but that made me laugh. :D

8. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

If this church was anything other than a Christian house of worship, and Palins church, people would be screaming "hate crime"....

9. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I certainly don't think you'll find anyone condoning this despicable act of cowardice. It has nothing to do with it being a church or Palin being a member, it is wrong and people have expressed that.

10. JW8725 macrumors 6502a

Terrible news. Sarah Palin is one hot hocky momma though.

11. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Must've been all of those damn witches over in Africa. Her pastor is already on a flight to Kenya to do some more exorcisms.

12. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

God wants her home, to help rebuild His church. :rolleyes:

13. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I heard the closed circuit video showed this suspect leaving the church just before the fire broke out.

[​IMG]

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's terrible. My parent's house burned down a little over a month ago. It's one of the worst things that can happen. Let's hope they find whoever did it. It's fortunate no one was hurt.

Is that really all you have to say? My god, are you that cynical?

15. Peace thread starter macrumors Core

Peace

Personally I think just the opposite. It is a hate crime focused on Palin and her church.

Just an opinion and arson is wrong. Anywhere.

Sadly this was probably done by one of those nut cases she got all wired up.

16. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

17. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I bet it was relatives from that one un-pardon turkey in the interview that started it.

If it does turn out to be arson I hope they catch any involved.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, we really can't say that just yet. I didn't see mention of a suspect in the article. That judgment could certainly be made depending on who did it. We won't know that til they nab someone. The sad thing is, fire destroys so much evidence. We may never know who did it.

19. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I think you've misunderstood what I'm saying. I'm not saying that it had nothing to do with the fire, I'm saying that my opinion has nothing to do with Palin or the church. I've no idea why/somebody started the fire.

It was just a direct response to the other poster. It is despicable and nobody is denying that.

20. Peace thread starter macrumors Core

Peace

Come on Lee. We're talking about a town of 5,000 people where everybody knows each other. And there were 5 women inside the church when it was started at the front door..Sounds to me like some wacko ran up to the church and started the fire then ran away. A local no doubt. And a local that's peeved off at the church. I know coincidences don't mean much in a large city but this is a tiny town with a national figure at the center.

It's obvious to me.

21. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

It's odd that this is being described as "Sarah Palin's church," when surely it is the church of hundreds of others besides her. Speaking of odd, Palin offered what I can only call a preemptive apology with a political edge when she said that she was sorry if the fire had anything to do with the "undeserved negative attention" the church received during the presidential campaign. Not only do we not know who set the fire or why, it's a little creepy at least for Palin to imply that something political might have been the reason in her only public statement on the matter.

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Perhaps. But what if it was someone from somewhere else? Why assume it was someone local? Palin is a national figure, indeed. It could have come from anywhere, unless you know something that's not in the article. ;)

23. Peace thread starter macrumors Core

Peace

Funny guy!!

My nick is Peace for a reason you know.;)

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well, I'm just saying I don't think it's at all obvious. Once Palin stepped onto the national stage, she got the attention of the whole country. This could have come from anywhere.

25. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

I Love the Bible...

Psalm 11:6 "Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and a horrible tempest, this shall be the portion of their cup."