FireCore Infuse 5.5.2 - Native h.265 HEVC playback

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by EugW, Aug 18, 2017.

1. EugW, Aug 18, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2017

EugW macrumors 68030

EugW

I haven’t tried it yet and to be honest I’m not entirely sure what they mean by “native” but they say that on iOS 11 and tvOS 11, Infuse 5.5.2 added native HEVC playback. This version came out 4 days ago.

https://firecore.com/releases

A8DA7439-6DB6-4259-97ED-7866FDF6C8E9.png

I wonder if this means hardware playback. Anyone do testing yet?

I’m not sure I want to install it just yet as it may supplant my Infuse 4 Pro install which is already paid for. I am considering waiting until Infuse 6 is out and would just pay their one time fee for Infuse Pro for that. Not sure I want to get their subscription but I haven’t decided yet.

EDIT:

Hmmm... It turns out one can have both the 4 Pro and 5 demo version on the iDevice at the same time. So now I have 5.5.2 installed. However, I can’t seem to access my NAS share in 5.5. Works fine in 4.3. The is on my iPhone 7 Plus with iOS Public Beta 5.

EDIT again:

Now working in 5.5. When NAS access works, it’s faster, but sometimes it didnt want to connect. Strange behaviour.

2. EugW thread starter macrumors 68030

EugW

It works! Sort of.

It plays this video perfectly... until it doesn't. At one spot mid-playback, the video always stops dead. Must be some sort of incompatibility.

But it does appear to be using hardware decoding, because for the time it is playing, it plays completely smoothly.