Fired Benham Twins Whine To Glenn Beck About The Gay ‘Agenda’, Michael Sam and HGTV

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by iBlazed, May 14, 2014.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I guess there really isn't much for me to say, other than the fact it's a good thing these zealots were dumped when they were. The things they say are repulsive, and what is up with the CONSTANT nazi references? Pretty ironic considering they themselves are the perfect image of nazis: Tall blonde haired blue eyed Christian men who dislike those who aren't like them. But never mind that little dash of irony. I think my favorite part of the whole thing is where they imply that Michael Sam will "change his lifestyle". LOL.
    Link

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Watching Christian privilege slowly dissipate has been glorious.

3. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Is Benham a variation of Bentham? If so, I'd find it ironic that these two could be distantly related to one of the most open minded philosophers.

4. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Great. Another post for religious hate in the name of ...."insert liberal cause here"

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How is that hate? Christians have had the deck stacked in their favor for ages. I'm sorry you can't handle the loss of it.

6. dec. Suspended

dec.

And then there's the usual whining from "religious" people who cannot stand that their constant bashing and "demonizing" (666) of other people that don't blindly accept or live by their "values" isn't just being swallowed anymore.

7. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

People with morally repugnant views shunned by general public! Film at 11!

8. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

The commentary at the end of the OP struck me as a bit humorous. Bemoaning the hatred of one group over another....by using hateful tones of their own.

9. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Calling a spade a spade is not hateful. It's observant.

10. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

He made fun of people for their use of Nazi references. I would too. They're pandering to idiots.

11. EvilQueen macrumors 6502

You betcha. Hate is ok, as long as it's against a conservative.

12. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Nope, it's ok as long as it's hate toward hate of something else. Same goes for intolerance.

It's OK to hate hate. It's OK to be intolerant of intolerance.

13. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

So hate is ok as long as its directed towards someone you disagree with.

Got it.

14. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I don't know if this speaks for all christians. Just these two dorks.

15. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

Look, this was a business decision by HGTV, nothing more and nothing less. I don't think the decision to drop the show had anything to do with HGTV's view of the brothers' religious affiliations or their opinion on same sex marriage or abortion.

What I think transpired was that the brass at HGTV saw what happened to Firefox in the wake of the Brendan Eich flap and said we don't want this kind of controversy hanging over our network. Let's just stop here and now and not even go down that road. Sorry guys, we're cutting you loose, no hard feelings. We just don't need the headache.

16. thekev macrumors 604

thekev

You took the wrong thing away from my statement. I don't think the OP would have gone for a Nazi reference if he wasn't making fun of their use in the first place. Also don't assume I was using "idiots" as code for Christians or any other religion, because that wasn't the case. Nazi references use negative emotions, because many people don't have a full education of that part of history. The people making them rely on negative emotions rather than reasoning.

If you're wondering why I hate people like that (again highly specific, I don't hate Christians or Conservatives), it's because the ones trying to rile people up are typically disingenuous. They know how to incite negative emotion and use that against others.

17. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I'm sorry, what "liberal cause" are you referring to? If it's gay marriage you're referring to, there's nothing "liberal" about that cause. Unless you consider human rights to be a liberal cause, in which case that says a lot about your side...

18. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

So it is okay to hate a group who hates you? (BTW...I think "hate" is a strong word here but will use it to so I can get clarification on your point of view)

So you are saying if religion hates or is intolerant of homosexuality then it is okay for homosexuals to hate or be intolerant of religion? Could you not just turn that right back around and say... if homosexuals hate or is intolerant of religion it is okay for religion to hate or be intolerant of homosexuals?

I have heard this argument before, and wanted to make sure I understand this correctly.

19. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

No. What you are saying is homophobic and intolerant and clearly bigoted just because it makes sense.

What do you have against love and tolerance?!!!

Yeah...that...

20. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

No, it isn't hating religion. It's hating the use of religion to do and say terrible things and assuming you'll get away with it BECAUSE RELIGION.

----------

Guys, you don't have to tolerate intolerance. You should never have to.

21. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

You're right, no one should:

Anti christian speech will turn into action if fed. Hate crime and hate speech is all the same to me. Don't care who is doing it.

22. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Yes, if you hate them because they hate who you are.

No. Christians "hate" homosexuals because of who homosexuals are. Decent people (including homosexuals) are "allowed" to "hate" the Christians that hate them NOT because they are Christians or religious, but because they hate homosexuals.

Group A hates group B because group B exists. Group B hates group A because group A hates group B. Not equivalent/reversible.

23. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

Please, for the love of god. Stop hating on Christians. It's annoying. We get it....

24. Michael Goff macrumors G3

Michael Goff

Then do something about the action, but don't try to make it a "you have to tolerate me being intolerant to you", like the average person who is against gay marriage does.

----------

He isn't hating on Christians, just the idea that Christians can get away with things on virtue of being Christian.

25. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

maybe you would agree to a truce? The christians to stop hating on gays and gays to stop hating on christians