Fired U.S. attorney says firing was political

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, Mar 8, 2008.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

From the "why do we still have to state the obvious" department:

Fired U.S. attorney says colleague told him politics was behind his ouster

Are there still some of you who don't see why this was an abuse of power, even if technically legal?

2. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

It is beyond abuse of power. In poker terms, it is called 'stacking the deck'. Administrations have always wanted to put like-minded individuals in the judiciary. The Bush administration has taken this up several notches. They have put their people at all places in the legal system; Supreme Court, Appellate Court, District Court, Justice Department, FBI, ATF, DHS, CIA, NSA. Anyone with integrity has been ousted. We are living under the most corrupt regime in American history, and one of the most dangerous in World history. It is time for regime change. And, I mean a full enema. Our next President, whether it is Hillary or Barack, should have at the very top of their agenda, a total and complete housekeeping.

3. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

It's been awhile, but I didn't think I should start another thread about this same topic, and it hasn't been that long.

Ex-Civil Rights Official's Testimony Under Review
    Grand Jury Said to Look at Attorneys’ Dismissals
    Former Justice official may face grand jury probe
    WSJ: US Attorney Scandal Advances

About time. Let's hope this goes somewhere. Why am I not sure it will.

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Solvs, why do you keep posting drivel like this when there are important things to talk about like how energy efficient Al Gore's toaster is?

Lethal

5. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Um... yeah. The same Justice Department that isn't sure it can win a habeus hearing against KSM sure managed to nail a Democratic politician on flimsy evidence. Something about that doesn't add up.

6. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Solvs, I am sure that there are people who just rationalize this away. I am beginning to see this as a giant mosaic of wrong doing, lying, outright breaking of the law, removing federal agency oversight, and the list goes on.........

There are so many investigations going on, few by the DoJ, numerous ones by Congress, and even more by what are left of honest, professional journalists. The progressive blogosphere is spreading the news to millions of readers on a daily basis. Many do not know that a great number of news organizations, and reporters, read the blogsites, looking for information on new stories, or information on stories they are working on. They can read sites like Huffington, C&L, TPMMuckraker, Mother Jones, Think Progress, VoteVets, Daily Kos, Firedog Lake, Carpetbagger Report, SPLC, Digby, MoveOn, ActBlue and many more. (these are my daily reading)

For a long time, Bloggers were largely ignored by the mainstream. Not anymore. It is a good relationship between the reporters and the bloggers. The journalists do not have to do hours or research for information. They just go to the sites and the material they want is right there for them. They in turn, get a greatly expanded reader audience for their stories.

Anyway, back to the mosaic. It seems like the more revelations come out, it becomes a case where it is difficult to tell where one investigation ends, and a new one begins. And, as one reads about them, we keep seeing the same names come up in each of them; Rove, Cheney, Gonzales, Card, Libby, Rice, and Bolten to name a few. We may have to invent a new law, "Working in The Bush Administration". Ship them off to Gitmo, while we figure out what charges we are going to file against them.

7. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

in american jurisprudence, it's called marbury v. madison

unfortunately, both sides will try the best they can to stack the deck without being too obvious

...politics as usual and heck with the law ;)

8. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs