Firefox for Mac: If I click the red X, are all my tabs gone for good?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by doxavita, Aug 26, 2010.

1. doxavita macrumors 6502a

Yesterday I clicked my Firefox's red X (top left), this immediately closed my Firefox window, yet the process was still running (Due to the glow under the Firefox icon in the Dock). Is there some way to re-open Firefox with all the tabs it had? (If I open Firefox again, it loads without past tabs...)

I have an add-on called Session Manager which indeed saves my tabs, but only if I go to Menu Bar: Firefox > Quit Firefox. If I click the red X it won't remember my tabs at all. So, any way to disable the red X? If not, then I'll just have to be careful when minimizing the window.

2. Salacion macrumors 6502a

Do pardon me, but I chuckled at your question.

You can't disable the red X button. You can retrieve your tabs through history. When Firefox shuts down due to failure, you can reopen the same tabs you priorly had open. As for opening the same tabs if you click off, I am unaware of this ability or an extension that allows for this. I tend to be careful though, and click off only when I'm done.

So next time, just mind where the red X button is located.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

History -> Recently Closed Windows (or Recently Closed Tabs)

4. EspressoLove macrumors 6502

EspressoLove

Session Manager has only two (four) ways to save/preserve a session for you:
    1) Manually - when you prod it to.
    2) When you exit a Firefox (it might ask you whether or not, do it automagically, or not at all) depending on how you set it up
    Then it uses FFox'es built in crash recovery mechanism to restore crashed sessions.
    And the last is when you set it to save current one when you load another session alongside/replace current.