firewire 9 pin 800 male/female coupler for macbook pro port

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Sossity, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I am looking for a couple/cable that is firewire 800 9 pin with a male & female end, I want to use it in my macbook pro's firewire port, for my firewire drives, since there is only one port, I will be rmoving the drive plugs alot & do not want to wear out the mac's only port by having the adapter in it.

I am not trying to do an adapter such as 9 pin to 6 pin etc, but just a 9 pin 800 male one end to go into the mac's port, & a 9 pin 800 female end that I can plug drives into.

I have also heard of daisy chaining but from what I have read, it does not seem to be the most reliable, & I dont want the problems of inadequate power of hubs, so a direct connection to the mac would be best.

So far, i have tried to find this on Google, but have not found it, does this type of plug I am describing exist?

2. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

Ports dont wear out...

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

4. Fishrrman macrumors G3

"Ports dont wear out..."

That's nonsense.

Like anything else mechanical, connection ports CAN "wear out" with usage, particularly where there's flexing, or there's a lot of "usage". Contacts get out-of-line, mounting tolerances wear down, etc.

Suggestion to the original poster:
    http://www.usbfirewire.com/firewire8001394b.html