First 100 days - Trump gives himself an A. What grade do you give him?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, Apr 28, 2017.

?

What grade do you give Trump on first 100 days?

Poll closed May 1, 2017.
  1. A

7 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. B

4 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. C

10 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. D

20 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. F

39 vote(s)
    48.8%
  1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

So both Trump and KellyAnn Conway have now given Trump an A grade on his first 100 days in office. What grade do you give him considering his 100 day contract with voters was not met?

Note: I'm keeping the choices simple. No pluses, no minuses, and no incomplete. Pick a letter.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

Trump ... the only president who could make G.W. Bush look good by comparison.

3. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I gave him a D, because it's not like he isn't doing at least some of a President's duties. But he isn't very good at the job so far.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

A sneak peek into the inner workings of the trump administration ...

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Apr 28, 2017 ---
    You're a tad more reasonable about it than I am.

5. tshrimp, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

I gave him an A, but in reality it is probably a B. I thought he was going to be pathetic, and was not excited at all, but I have have been pleasantly surprised thus far.

Edit: Plus I figured if I give him and A and post that it will really get things going...you know...with all the love of Trump on this board.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Trump trying to ban Muslims ...

[​IMG]
    --- Post Merged, Apr 28, 2017 ---
    +1 for satire. Brilliant!

7. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Now you've made me curious. In what way did you think he would be pathetic?

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

Based on ???

9. zin macrumors 6502

+ Killed TPP, started renegotiating NAFTA, eyes on the Korea FTA
    + Enforced immigration law
    + Annoys liberals
    + Completed or started all of his executive pledges.

– Bombed Syria
    + Didn't progress into a no-fly zone (i.e. overthrow)
    – Won't call out Congress for getting next to nothing done.

Overall, I give Donald a B.

10. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Wait. You have called yourself a liberal although many times your post have seemed conservative. Interesting. I think the truth just came out. :D

11. poloponies macrumors 68030

You've got some awfully low expectations there. His loading up his cabinet with self-interested do-nothings doesn't even rank mentioning?

12. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

For one I didn't think he would attempt to follow through on his promises, but he hit the ground running with many of the items he stated he would. He is actually less articulate than even I am. He is very self centered and arrogant (but so was Obama, but at least he was articulate), and was a democrat before he decided to run as a republican. I expected he was saying just what he thought we wanted to hear to get in office, but like it or not he has been trying to follow through on the promises he made.

I also thought he was as low life dirt bag that is only trumped by H. Clinton. (pun intended).

But I was wrong. He, IMO, has done a great job, and I have been happy with many of the things he has done. I do not like the amount of executive order though, but I can't like everything. He also gets extra points for not being Hillary Clinton, because we knew what we would have gotten with her, and it wouldn't have been pretty.

13. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

I'm at a similar position.
    I gave him a C. Not good, not bad.

Anyone with a brain knew he would have to change his stance on some of his campaign promises once he got in office.
    Sometimes you have to see things from the inside to know just how wrong your initial ideas are.
    One of these days Trump will overplay his hand and get called on it. He's getting a taste of that right now.

Congress has the power to keep him in check, and I suspect the Dems and hardcore conservatives in the Rep party will keep him on a short leash.
    Knowing this is why I voted for him over Hillary. I just couldn't get there with her. She and Bill are just as slimy as they come.
    Bernie was compelling, even though a bit hypocritical, but he, just like Trump, would have been handcuffed by Congress from doing anything significant or damaging.

14. samcraig macrumors P6

He actually shouldn't get a grade - he should get an incomplete. He also needs a time out (at least from twitter)

15. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Well ... that certainly explains so many of his supporters counting on him to uphold his promises.

16. tshrimp, Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2017

tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

See above post. Or do you want a list such as deregulation in some areas.

Here are some things I personally like

Pros:
    1, Must remove 2 regulations for each new one.
    2. Reviewing Obama's regulation to make sure they were viable.
    3. Attempting to keep our country safe.
    4. Putting pressure on sanctuary cities
    5. Great appointments
    6. Love the way he speaks his mind...especially against the press. We all knew it, but nice to see him call this out.
    7. The liberals on PRSI now know how it felt for the more conservative the last 8 years.
    8. etc, etc

Cons:
    Not very articulate
    Too many executive orders

17. poloponies macrumors 68030

I don't know that you can draw that conclusion since his promises had no real-world basis. Repealing and replacing Obamacare with something "better, cheaper and available to all" is like my declaration at five years old that I was going to be an astronaut. Actually, had I maintained an interest in being an astronaut, I at least had a shot; his statements are detached from reality.

18. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Trump started with a C. He then gets an A for not being Hillary. The constant Tweeting brought him down to a C again. Then his SCOTUS nomination brought it back to A. Bombing Syria brought him to a D. Not bombing North Korea has brought him back to C.

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

You're nearly as impulsive as our president.

20. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

Like I said... anyone with a brain. ;)
    I voted for him because he wasn't Hillary, not because I agreed with his platform.

I changed my voter registration from Republican to "No Party" because of this garbage.
    AZ doesn't recognize Independent as a party choice.

21. zin macrumors 6502

Trade and foreign policy were just about the biggest areas people voted for him.

If they're such low expectations, despite being just about the biggest areas of policy that probably got him elected (trade and foreign policy), why couldn't Obama start renegotiating NAFTA despite promising to do so in 2008? Trump has gotten Mexico and Canada to the negotiating table in fewer than 100 days.

He's just about completed or in the process of completing all of the executive pledges he made. What's so low about him doing what he said?

You call them self-interested do-nothings. How is it that a 'self-interested' billionaire commerce secretary under Trump, who has consistently supported tougher trade action, is following through and managing to do something that previous secretaries under Democrats and Republicans have not?

I think it annoys you that the self-proclaimed party of the American worker has in fact been the one pushing deals that have devastated said worker, only for Donald Trump to come along and be the one to oppose them. I think it really does annoy you.

22. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

EVERYONE PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT AN F GRADE IN TRUMP LAND IS FOR FANTASTIC, PLEASE READ THE FINE PRINT PRIOR TO VOTING.

SINCERELY,

YOUR POTUS MR T.

23. mac_in_tosh macrumors regular

mac_in_tosh

1. It's ridiculous to put numbers on these things, rather than look more deeply at what each regulation is meant to achieve.
    2. Let me guess - they will all be deemed not viable.
    3. There are tens of thousands of people killed each year by auto accidents, tens of thousands by guns, tens of thousands by medications and hospital errors and tens of thousands by lack of health insurance. Which of these significant threats to our population is he addressing?
    4. I'll give you a pass on this one as I haven't looked into the issue much.
    5. His selections are from a narrow pool of billionaires, CEO's and close relatives. Hardly great.
    6. He is only against the press when it reports on something unfavorable. He gloated about the polls when he was leading them. When he slipped in them, all of a sudden they were rigged and it's all the press' fault. Even the Emmys were deemed to be rigged when he didn't win.
    7. Everyone, liberal or conservative, should be concerned with Trump's state of mind. You may have disagreed with Obama but no one suspected him of being irrational.

24. poloponies macrumors 68030

You lost me at "great appointments." You do remember the "drain the swamp chant?" As for "attempting to keep our country safe," you can say the same for Obama, and even Dubya. Trump just created an environment of fear.