First 5C reviews look OK!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Adelphos33, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Adelphos33 macrumors 6502

Very relieved given the crap this phone has gotten here recently. Looking forward to having the yellow in hand on Friday.

2. Adelphos33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Two important takeaways:

1) Plastic case feels like polycarbonate, is very solid, and the phone feels great. People like the design of the phone

2) Battery life is better than 5, particularly when browsing the web over LTE.

Everything else appears basically the same as the 5.

3. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

It seems like the 5c is the iPhone for the masses and the 5s is basically the "iPhone Pro."

4. Adelphos33 thread starter macrumors 6502

In a year, the 5S will be noticeably more capable than the 5C due to new apps taking advantage of the horsepower, but that's probably less obvious to a lot of buyers today. The question is does this really draw in incremental customers over say a 5 at a cheaper price. It looks like it may given the good reviews of the form factor.

In all honesty they should have offered a color like dark navy to make it appeal to even more customers (though one of the reviews suggested this material may be more vulnerable to scratches in darker colors).

5. bigcstyle4 macrumors 6502

My sister in law and her husband are both getting the 5c, coming from terrible two year old Sprint Android phones. They don't care about specs etc and just want an iPhone. I think Apple is going to kill it with this 5c.

6. Adelphos33 thread starter macrumors 6502

I can see the 5C dominating Android phones at carrier stores, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, etc this holiday season. Enthusiasts were never going to necessarily buy a mid range phone over the 5S anyway.

7. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I like the 5C, I like it a lot. I just don't like the price tag.

8. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

A subsidized price of $100 is very reasonable considering it's the "iPhone 5 replacement", but with better battery life and a new, colorful, sturdy enclosure. It adds some color to the line up compared to back when the 4S was the flagship, 4 was the next one. While the design was great, each tier didn't have a distinctive, physical characteristic.

9. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

First 5C reviews look OK!

Nearly every review says what Adelphos listed. The 5C looks great and feels both solid and comfortable in hand.

This is going to be a huge hit for Apple.

10. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Wish Apple hadn't decided to make the iPhone 5 thin as it was. The slightly thicker 5c to give space for the slightly larger battery and the heavier feel like the 4/4S had sounds nice.

11. in4fun macrumors regular