First Chicken Nugget lady, now Egg man goes on a killing spree.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by niuniu, Sep 12, 2010.

1. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

4. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

The dude obviously wasn't right in the head in the first place if a cold egg could set him off.

But are you sure this story wasn't "Egg"saggerated just a little bit? I don't see how the statistics of gun ownership included has anything to do with the act committed. I mean if he had no gun, he could have just as easily bludgeoned his own family to death with a kitchen knife or perhaps a large heavy frying pan--he seemed just crazy enough in the first place regardless of the mode of execution chosen.

5. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I am the egg man.
    They were the egg men.
    I am the walrus!

First thing I thought of too.

7. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Of course when I first read the title I thought one of Batmans enemies was on a killing spree LOL:

[​IMG]

8. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Ridiculous. They really are passionate about their food in the US, it seems :D

9. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

Get between me and my egg salad sandwich and you die.

10. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

11. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

12. ryan0402 macrumors 6502

Guys this is a serious matter but you are all taking it as a joke. Pretty soon people will be killing everyone because of arguments they have with trolls... we are all in danger

13. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

Game forum Mod gets it

Tweeter gets it

14. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

Trolls on the internet are kinda sorta hard to find unless they are dumb enough to post personal information.

By the way, I think you are gay.

Just kidding. I like to troll every now and then.

15. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Likely I'll not want to be anywhere near you after you eat it or I might just die then too:eek:

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

YES! :D

17. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

Don't you mean...

Yolks! :eek:

18. snberk103 macrumors 603

Because in the US the vast majority of people killed by guns are spouses (like this case), family, and friends? Because among the industrialized world the country with the highest gun ownership also has the highest murder rate? Because in that country the majority of murders are by guns?

Because the rest of the industrialized world finds it puzzling that an otherwise civilized nation (if you ignore healthcare policies) allows this carnage to continue?

19. niuniu thread starter macrumors 68020

niuniu

Just read your post through a reply..

I doubt he could have murdered 6 people with a frying pan simultaneously to be fair. Guns are extremely lethal.

20. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

Get off your soap box. We heard it, we don't buy it. Get an education and move on.

21. snberk103 macrumors 603

Tell me which part is not true?

I was just answering Ttownbeast's question. Perhaps from a soapbox, admittedly, but that doesn't make it not-true.

Here are some of my sources.
    "The issue of "home defense" or protection against intruders or assailants may well be misrepresented. A study of 626 shootings in or around a residence in three U.S. cities revealed that, for every time a gun in the home was used in a self-defense or legally justifiable shooting, there were four unintentional shootings, seven criminal assaults or homicides, and 11 attempted or completed suicides (Kellermann et al, 1998)." Link

"American children are more at risk from firearms than the children of any other industrialized nation. In one year, firearms killed no children in Japan, 19 in Great Britain, 57 in Germany, 109 in France, 153 in Canada, and 5,285 in the United States. (Centers for Disease Control)" Link

"ATLANTA -- The United States has by far the highest rate of gun deaths -- murders, suicides and accidents -- among the world's 36 richest nations, a government study found.
    The U.S. rate for gun deaths in 1994 was 14.24 per 100,000 people. Japan had the lowest rate, at .05 per 100,000. ....
    The study found that gun-related deaths were five to six times higher in the Americas than in Europe or Australia and New Zealand and 95 times higher than in Asia. .... "
    Link

22. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

23. snberk103 macrumors 603

... and fried?

24. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

I'm not going to debate you on gun rights in a thread about eggs. I'll just say I have my reasons and believe you're entitled to your opinion but I think you are wrong.

25. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

I was just curious as to why the author went off on a tangent citing statistical data about gun ownership rather than keep the topic on the bat **** crazy dude who killed people over cold eggs.

But since this one is likely to wind up in the PRSI anyway perhaps I should remind you of Switzerland