First Criminal Flint Water Charges Brought

sualpine

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2013
A Michigan judge authorized criminal charges against three people in connection with the Flint water crisis, Genesee County prosecutor David Leyton said Wednesday.

The three are Flint utilities administrator Mike Glasgow and Stephen Busch and Mike Prysby of the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Leyton said. Here are the counts against them, according to court records:
Glasgow, a former supervisor at the Flint Water Treatment Plant who now serves as the city's utilities administrator, is charged with tampering with evidence and willful neglect of duty as a public officer.
Busch, who is on unpaid administrative leave with the Department of Environmental Quality, and Prysby, who still works with the department, both stand charged with two counts each of misconduct in office, tampering with evidence and violation of the Safe Water Drinking Act.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/20/health/flint-water-crisis-charges/index.html
[doublepost=1461168515][/doublepost]So, one city official, and two state EPA thugs. Tell me how this is Rick Snyder's fault again?

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/20/health/flint-water-crisis-charges/index.html
[doublepost=1461168515][/doublepost]So, one city official, and two state EPA thugs. Tell me how this is Rick Snyder's fault again?
Because the "EPA thugs" didn't have ultimate responsibility for the state because they were not elected governor, so they didn't cut budgets and allow infrastructure to rot all these decades just so corporate welfare gravy could still flow to fetter yon "free market" with? And, yes, it's not just the Republicans being so shameless or thick involving these cuts...

Besides, anything more than a nickel of money, and the predictable response would be "Maintenance is a waste of taxpayer money, the systems can magically regulate themselves, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!" followed by even more predictable chants of more tax cuts that won't trickle back down down but people will be led to believe that's the case anyway...

Besides, Nixon created the EPA. Why not go pester him since he's the thugs' ringleader...

tunerX

Suspended
Nov 5, 2009
I can't believe the Flint mayor will walk.
What did the flint mayor do? The mayor was subjugated by the city manager and the departments assigned over the mayor. Is there some kind of evidence that the mayor was implicit in the lead poisoning?

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
What did the flint mayor do? The mayor was subjugated by the city manager and the departments assigned over the mayor. Is there some kind of evidence that the mayor was implicit in the lead poisoning?
I think you mean complicit. What did the Flint mayor do? Nothing, that's what. Criminal negligence, incompetence, and indifference.

tunerX

Suspended
Nov 5, 2009
I think you mean complicit. What did the Flint mayor do? Nothing, that's what. Criminal negligence, incompetence, and indifference.
Yes complicit.

So if you have no knowledge about activities you should be held accountable for any activities, whether good or bad? What proof or evidence is there that the Flint mayor knew what was going on. He was already taken out of the loop by appointment of a city manager.

Reactions: TheAppleFairy