First experience lining up in San Francisco

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wediafom, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Wediafom macrumors member

Well, I first preordered from Best Buy as I had problems with Apple and AT&T site. Yesterday, Since I didn't get a call or email for an appointment from best buy, I canceled it and decided to wait in line at apple store. I woke up today at 5:30 in the morning. Quick shower, breakfast and headed out to apple store. 20 minutes drive, there is an apple store inside a mall. When I got there around 6:20 am, there were only 120 people in line. Around 7:45, the crowd exploded to 400. Apple employees were kind enough to offer us first with coffee and then with bottled water. At 8:00 am, The line was Very organized and moving in orderly fashion. By 9:00 am, I was out of the door:D
    I met some cool people while waiting in line. Very positive experience. Now off to open and enjoy this bad boy:D BTW, I got the 16 gb black.

2. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Congrats!

Did anyone stop by the line with a Samsung Galaxy S3 and deride you for your choice of smartphone? I guess that only happens in the commercials. :)

3. Wediafom thread starter macrumors member

Lool. No, the there weren't. However, I met a couple of people in line who were switching to apple from android;)
    Did you get yours yet?

4. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Just got it from FedEx. Restoring from backup now.

5. Wediafom thread starter macrumors member

Awesome! Enjoy:D