Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisH3677

macrumors 6502a
Oct 6, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Thanks for the links arn. Some good reviews and comments in there. No surprises either - I think some people had too higher expectation of this app. But the good things is it can only get better (eg look at the excellent features they just added to iMovie and iDVD and the improvements to iPhoto)

I particularly liked the following comment from Nick G

After researching the app more closely, I can say that it is going to get a lot of folks into making music on their computer, folks who would not have thought to do that beforehand. I for one think that's ONLY a good thing. Ever since I got into the techno scene, I've envisioned music moving away from a creator/listener model, and more toward a form of two-way communication, where we kind of lose track of who originated what. This is a HUGE paradigm shift, but it is happening, and I think it's actually very good for our species. We may in fact be evolving, even if it's pretty much only mentally at this point. It's like when literacy started to become more commonplace (which is still going on in many places, of course) -- sure, the priest-class lost a lot of power, but it empowered people as a whole. I see this change in the way music is created and shared as being analogous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.