First female Arab fighter pilot bombs ISIS

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

2. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

As far as I am concerned, this should be classified information.

The arab world is too small and full of "double agents", tribal gripes, and conflicting loyalties.

This can get this woman killed, or her family decapitated.

3. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

Absolutely. I hope Major Mariam Al Mansouri's name wasn't made public without her consent. If permission was asked, I hope she gave it freely without feeling pressurised into doing so. But regardless of how her name came to be publicised she's now a marked woman for the rest of her life.

4. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

You're all a bunch of nervous nellies. She's a patriot who is willing to defend her country. Yea, she's in trouble if ISIS grabs her. Guess what? Our pilots are, too. :eek:

5. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

ISIS is no worries for her. She should be more nervous if her aircraft ever had to fly above an Arab Wedding. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJEO3rmefmI

6. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

During active operations there are certainly some OPSEC/PERSEC concerns with splashing her face all over the place.

Hell, if I was a female arab pilot even my own family would be kept in the dark. Never know when some "uncle" will think it's a crime against Allah to actually have an empowered female.

Insha'Allah might need to get have her raped and honor killed to make her good again.

7. mojolicious macrumors 68000

mojolicious

I didn't realise that the UAE were under attack from IS, but anyway: her ethnicity, (nominal) religion, and gender all make her a hugely attractive target for IS sympathisers and indeed any fundamentalist Islamic terrorists. Chuck her location into the mix and she's a hundred times more likely to be assassinated than any anonymous US/European pilot.

8. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

If she is at risk of assassination in her own country, then the UAE is threatened by ISIS.

Some British newspapers are already reporting that her family has disowned her. Might just be tabloid BS, though.

9. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I'm sure her bombing of men probably isn't going to be something her father brags about. It's a shame.

10. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Put them guys in overalls, give them Ford trucks then put them in some countryside setting in the south and see what ya get.

;)