First Government-Operated Marijuana Shop

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Mar 5, 2015.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

3. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Being near the Oregon border cannot hurt too much. Unless Oregon shops have much lower prices.

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Since this thread will almost certainly attract the "government is taking over crowd", let me point out now that states like Alabama and Mississippi have long maintained government-run Liquor stores.

5. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

It will be interesting to see how long it will take the conspiracists who believe that the government is slandering the all-natural harmless mind-expanding cannabis to denounce the government for selling that evil killer-weed cannabis.

6. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

It's a small municipality who decided it was smarter (and more profitable) to open a pot shop than raising taxes or installing red-light cameras.

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Utah as well, and I have no problem with this arrangement.

Better a few well maintained and monitored liquor shops than like in NYC where it's a bunch of shady spots specializing in rotgut thunderbird, Ripple and 20/20.

8. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

In fact, Washington State had only state-run liquor stores, until Costco decided they hungered for the revenue. It was fun to see the advocates cheering the lower prices at the supermarket — until the taxes were tacked on and they came out just the same (state liquor stores included the tax in the sticker price).

9. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Mad Dog 20/20... My old Nemesis..

This sounds like a win-win for the community.

The pot shop that is.

:D

fyi....North Bonneville is on the Columbia River. It is on the north side of the famous Bonneville Dam in central/eastern Washington.
    There's only one road that crosses over the river there and the cops would be looking for people driving over to buy pot. It's not ( technically ) legal in Oregon until July 5th.

10. chown33 macrumors 604

I eagerly await the Costco marijuana shops. Yeah, you might have to buy buds in half-kilo quantities, but the opportunities for massive amounts of munchie purchases all in one place would be great.

11. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

12. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

I just love the irony that the county executive so vehement in his opposition to marijuana retail (because it encourages the criminal element) is named Dan Roachclip.

13. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

He's Mormon so he's against coffee and soft drinks, too.

14. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    Everything's edible when you're high. So in a way, they already do.

15. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

That's true. However, I'm thinking art by Willy Wonka with Sammy Davis, Jr. crooning "The Candy Man" over the speakers.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

16. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Get a jar of Nutella and spread it on your art like the rest of us.

Damn, you're picky.

17. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

You aren't from here so you have no idea. It was the liberals, like my wife, who were against this. They screamed that thousands of jobs would be lost if this passed. Ironically we're business as usual. All they plastered on our tvs was that thousands would lose their jobs because of this. Seems to be working out just fine. Enough with the scare tactics, liberals.

When will the hipster/undereducated generation learn?

18. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

maid in Ogden Utah
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, the Mormons object to a lot of things. They object to Coca-Cola, but they own a big chunk of the company. They object to alcohol, but they make Polygamy Ale. They are keen to support other people's "vices", as long as they can cash in on it. Marijuana, that market has been a tough nut for them to crack. At least, AFAIK, they could well be in that as well.

19. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Source? You seem pretty hateful. Wait I think the trigger word is bigot.

20. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

You mean the very same government that refuses to take marijuana off Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act (no perceived medical value, high risk for abuse), while at the same time holding a patent for medical marijuana? (US Patent 6630507) :p

21. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

I just got through eating Chinese, and my fortune cookie said that next week green would turn out being a lucky color for me.

...yo!

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You'd never say that about Islam, would you?

23. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

I had a couple Mormon friends a few years back. Haven't heard from them in a while.

Anyway.

They were very nice non-bigoted people. They would help anybody regardless of religion or color etc.

The father was the regional boss or whatever you call them.

One son committed suicide a week after getting married and the other son did big corporate IT stuff.

The one bad thing about all of us.. We were cokeheads..And that wasn't good.

Say what you want about the Mormon religion or any other religion actually but it's not wise to judge a person because of the religion he belongs to or is associated with.

Glad to hear Ford is going to be able to keep up with the schedule.

24. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

My apologies, I have not researched my information thoroughly. I am not sure what is owned or operated by Mormons.

I have no Muslim relatives, I do have Mormons in the family.