Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

F1Fan

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2011
Northern Virginia
I thought it may be helpful to post order times along with shipping times for those who ordered in the first hour and are still getting estimates of "2 weeks" for shipping times.

On apple.com, When I ordered, the order page said 9/21 delivery but email confirmation says 0ct 5 delivery.

Order time 3:54 am EST 9/14
Original shipping date: 9/21 delivery
current status: Oct 5

I wonder how late you could order and still get 9/21. I'm still being optimistic that we might actually get a launch day delivery. It seems insane that you could place an order literally in the first hour and still not get it on launch day! If anyone has this happen, then gets a an updated earlier shipping estimate, pease post it here!

What Makes me mad more than anything else, is I actually had my order set at about 3:20, but since I recently moved, it was showing my old address (1700 miles away!) and I couldn't change it. I was afraid that if I ordered to the wrong address that I wouldn't be able to change it and would have to start a whole new order. So I tried changing, but had to do it through it through AT&T. By the time I got through on AT&T them back through on apple.com and completed my order, it was half an hour later! Even at that, my final order page showed 9/21 date, but my email shows ships in 2 weeks!

Now I see that I could have just stuck with the first order and changed the address after. Arrgghhhh!!! I woke up early and ruined a night's sleep to get the same delivery time if I would have just ordered when I woke up!! That's why i'm hoping things will get bumped up for those of us who ordered on the cusp of the change from "available for 9/21 delivery" to "ships in 2 weeks".

rsnc

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2012
im almost exactly in the same boat...maybe a little more frustrating (yes im biased)

woke up at 3am and finally had the order placed successfully at 3:53am

i get a confirmation email saying 21st delivery!!!!

Items to be Shipped
iPhone 5 32GB White & Silver (GSM), AT&T
$299.00
$299.00
Available to ship: Delivers 9/21
Part Number: MD637LL/A

go back to sleep...next morning i wake up and go check the order status on apple.com
and it says:

iPhone 5 32GB White & Silver (GSM)
Show Rate Plan
Available to ship: 2 weeks
Delivers Oct 5 via Standard Shipping

not happy:(

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
i placed 2 orders... on got in on the arriving the 21st... (even my original email says it's delivery on the 21st!) the other one i placed immediately, while it started at arriving the 21st... it told me 2 weeks when it was time to confirm order....

now both phones are being delivered oct 5

i'm most angry at myself cuz i could have ordered on my iphone at midnight when i got up... but there was no option for adding apple care.... so i FOOLISHLY kept waiting for the store to come up on my computer... but then it was too late :mad:

i'm also angry at apple.. they OBVIOUSLY have stock... but the prefer to have the media frenzy showing the looooooooooooooooooong lines on friday by using their stockpiles of phones for that rather than fulfilling the orders that they received on friday.... why not just fill the online preorders and make the other people WAIT? a TRUE first come first served?

AND..... why do they use overnight shipping for the preorders that are arriving on the 21st but slowass 5 day for everyone else? even those that ordered withing the first hour? again... why not give the customers who attempted to get their product (and can't because they are HOLDING BACK STOCK) faster shipping like the first batch?

ya... i'm just bitter that i'm not getting my phone on friday ... and YES... it IS the end of the world for me....

----------

im almost exactly in the same boat...maybe a little more frustrating (yes im biased)

woke up at 3am and finally had the order placed successfully at 3:53am

i get a confirmation email saying 21st delivery!!!!

Items to be Shipped
iPhone 5 32GB White & Silver (GSM), AT&T
$299.00
$299.00
Available to ship: Delivers 9/21
Part Number: MD637LL/A

go back to sleep...next morning i wake up and go check the order status on apple.com
and it says:

iPhone 5 32GB White & Silver (GSM)
Show Rate Plan
Available to ship: 2 weeks
Delivers Oct 5 via Standard Shipping

not happy:(

yep... i think in our case... it's WORSE because we THOUGHT we were getting it and they snatched it right out from under us! for ANYONE who ordered with a confirmed email that they were getting 21 delivery... apple should pull stock from the stores and send us ours!

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
There are plenty of pre-order threads already in existence. Please use one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.