Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacintoshJosh3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
So I'm first in line at an AT&T Corp. store because the Apple stores (2) in my city are in Malls and won't allow lines until 5am. The thing I'm worried about though is if AT&T will get *any* 32gb White 4S's. Am I better off leaving my post around 3am and heading the Apple store and facing the crowd? Or has anyone heard of AT&T getting some stock of all sizes and colors?

When I called the store they said they should have some of all colors and sizes but *should* is not good enough when I am wanting and even needing a phone tomorrow morning. Long story but what I have is on it's last leg. Last year I tried a dealer store and got lucky with a 16gb black 4 because that was all I wanted, but AT&T corp stores didn't receive any for launch and the dealer stores only received 16gb's and no 32's. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

nateharr

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
So I'm first in line at an AT&T Corp. store because the Apple stores (2) in my city are in Malls and won't allow lines until 5am. The thing I'm worried about though is if AT&T will get *any* 32gb White 4S's. Am I better off leaving my post around 3am and heading the Apple store and facing the crowd? Or has anyone heard of AT&T getting some stock of all sizes and colors?

When I called the store they said they should have some of all colors and sizes but *should* is not good enough when I am wanting and even needing a phone tomorrow morning. Long story but what I have is on it's last leg. Last year I tried a dealer store and got lucky with a 16gb black 4 because that was all I wanted, but AT&T corp stores didn't receive any for launch and the dealer stores only received 16gb's and no 32's. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Do you mind if I ask what state you're in?

chdwil

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You should leave now. AT&T is not getting any white phones for at least 4 weeks.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

You should leave now. AT&T is not getting any white phones for at least 4 weeks.

Really? Or are you joking?

NYRGirardi5

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2010
Long Island
how many people are lined up at your apple store right now? Why not just go there in the first place i'm sure people are going to be lined up anyway

chdwil

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2009

Yes

MacintoshJosh3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
1. - I am in Columbus, Ohio.

2. - If you line up early at Apple or enter the mall area early it's a ride home in a police car.

3. - I really hope that guy wasn't serious about AT&T not getting white phones for 4 weeks. I seriously wouldn't put it past them or Apple to limit the stock at AT&T stores.

Anyone else have any info?

creed16

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2010
My store said they had plenty of stock for at least a few hours-some of both colors. I pre-ordered from Best Buy, but they did not get any white 32gb phones. So they reserved a black 32 for me. My appt. with BB is at 9am and I am going to AT&T first to see if I can get my white one.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
You have nothing to worry about..

This. They'll have all 6 models and if you're first, you have nothing to worry about. AT&T will likely have at least as much stock, probably more than either of the other US carriers--I'd stay put.

MacintoshJosh3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Wow that is going to be a long night. I hope you are some where warm and dry.

It's raining but thankfully this isn't my first time, which I forgot chairs or anything to keep the time whatsoever, that was miserable. This time I have a rain jacket and umbrella as well as a chair.

I for whatever reason enjoy camping for phones, I even tried to pre-order this time though and add issues for hours and just gave up.

I still can't tell by his response if that was a yes to no white phones or a yes to joking?

iPhone Addict

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
San Francisco, CA
Usually people just line up on the sidewalk, on public property, directly outside the entrance to the mall and wait until the mall opens and then get led inside by mall security. Or at least that's how I've seen it happen near the malls by me.

MacintoshJosh3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
Usually people just line up on the sidewalk, on public property, directly outside the entrance to the mall and wait until the mall opens and then get led inside by mall security. Or at least that's how I've seen it happen near the malls by me.

That would be awesome except it's a gigantic outdoor mall with no central location to do this.

I hate when responses are mixed though, always makes you wonder who is right. Ohio weather also sucks, it's only in the 50's and still raining...

nutrifa

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
You may or may not be ok, I think it really depends how big your store is. I visited a relatively big sprint store the other day to check on my plan, they are about 4-6 employees working depending on the time, he told me they were only receiving 11 Iphone4s total and 40 Iphone 4 8gb, so as you can see with 11 even if they had each color and size they don't have a huge selection, and even then might be lacking a size or color. The Iphone 4s launches in Australia with Apple Retail stores seemed to fairly well so I would assume apple stores are getting a good supply of everything. I would suggest moving to Apple Store at 5am. Go home then just head out a hour early or so, you can probably still be first in line, because not like other people want to take that trip home in the police car.

this is only if white 32gb is a must have if u don't mind settling for a different size/color then stay at att but if this is make or break go to apple.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011

This is just mean. But I love it.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
My local AT&T corporate store doesn't even sell iPhones. You might want to make sure that yours have them.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
My local AT&T corporate store doesn't even sell iPhones. You might want to make sure that yours have them.

Really? You're sure it's a corporate store and not just an authorized reseller? Every corporate store I've visited in my area has had iPhones for sale.

Bummer if that's a possibility.

nutrifa

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
I still suggest going to a apple retail store, because they will have enough and there are not a huge flood of people camping out I would guess, long as you get there as soon as they allow even if ur like the 4th or 5th person instead of first you have a great shot at getting what you want.

MacintoshJosh3

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2010
You may or may not be ok, I think it really depends how big your store is. I visited a relatively big sprint store the other day to check on my plan, they are about 4-6 employees working depending on the time, he told me they were only receiving 11 Iphone4s total and 40 Iphone 4 8gb, so as you can see with 11 even if they had each color and size they don't have a huge selection, and even then might be lacking a size or color. The Iphone 4s launches in Australia with Apple Retail stores seemed to fairly well so I would assume apple stores are getting a good supply of everything. I would suggest moving to Apple Store at 5am. Go home then just head out a hour early or so, you can probably still be first in line, because not like other people want to take that trip home in the police car.

this is only if white 32gb is a must have if u don't mind settling for a different size/color then stay at att but if this is make or break go to apple.

32gb white preferred 64gb white would be the only other I would consider, it appears on the "4S display" that the phones underneath are both white and black, of course when they open they could just say "black only but I can order a white one for you" or "white is limited to 16gb but I have a 32gb black for you".

Either way I know that no one can give me a solid 100% answer but it helps reading responses and opinions of people who might know more than me or have been in this situation in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.