First iPhone - I honestly cannot wait.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DayOfChaos, Sep 9, 2012.

1. DayOfChaos, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2012

DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

I have been an Android user from day 1 (aka the first DROID on Verizon). I love Android, and I love what it has become. But..I have never tried an iPhone. I have used them, but never as my personal device. (ok, 4S for about 2 weeks, but that isn't anything) SO...

I am super excited and the iPhone 5 will be my very first iPhone. I thought, what a great way to celebrate then stand outside of my closest Apple store whenever the launch date is. That I am also excited for (hopefully someone else will have the same interest as me).

My Galaxy S III will kill me, but I am stoked :D.

Who else is ready? :apple:

2. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

You will love it. I am exited as well, because I will be upgrading from a two year old iPhone 4. The iPhone 4S just didn't seem like a worthy enough upgrade for me. A lot of people are complaining about this next event being a dud like the 4S', but just going down the list of things we know it will have for certain, it's already going to be more of an upgrade than the 4S was.

3. DayOfChaos thread starter macrumors 6502

I am excited to see what they will do with this new dock port. Some say it will be like MagSafe, which will be just plain awesome. :p

4. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I'm getting more excited. I have had iPhones since day 6 (I got mine almost a week after launch back in 2007.) I was getting bored and the big screen and widgets were calling my name for the last several weeks. Last week I went for it and got a Galaxy S3. It took me several hours to get things set up to an almost comfortable level. Then I tried to just use it for a couple days. My enthusiasm quickly faded and I found myself wanting my iPhone again. Tonight I put my sim back in my iPhone and I'm taking the S3 back tomorrow. Hopefully I can get my upgrade restored in time. If not, I'll upgrade my dad's line and transfer it and give him my 4.

Things I liked about Android were mostly the widgets and the way you interacted with home screens. The ability to reorder home screens was nice. The widgets were cool. The notifications in the status bar were cool. I liked that every application didn't need an icon on one of your screen pages. Beyond that, everything else was nicer on iPhone. I'm sure a lot of it is what I am used to, but I was honestly trying to work through things and kept thinking "With iOS, I don't have to try to work through things. They just work." I like the asthetics of most apps (mail, phone, messaging, photos...) The integration between apps was smoother. The best I can sum it up is it's just a better overall experience. (And with jailbreak, you can get most of the things Android has on your iPhone.)

I definitely don't regret trying the S3. It's a great phone. But now I don't have to go on all year thinking "I wonder if I should have gotten the Galaxy." I also thought I wanted a bigger screen. It looked nice, but I see now why Apple is sticking to the narrow width. I'm 6'2" with hands to match, and it was difficult to use the phone with 1 hand. I just feel better knowing now that the iPhone is the phone for me. Hopefully you enjoy yours as well.

5. TimothWinter macrumors newbie

6. Omacc macrumors member

i feel you. i had the first android for tmobile (CLIQ) years ago
    had a galaxy s2
    now looking forward to iphone

7. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob