First iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by venomgt95, Sep 8, 2014.

1. venomgt95 macrumors 6502

venomgt95

with the iPhone 6 being announced tomorrow, i thought we could reflect on the older models. what was your first iPhone? Which one was your favorite out of all that youve owned? My first (and only) iPhone is my 3GS. i love it.

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

my first iPhone was also a 3gs. I loved it the most as well.

After that i had the 4s, the 5 and now the 5s.

I am really excited for the curved edges to come back to the iPhone, i really don't like the boxy feel of the 5s. I think the 5c feels perfect with the rounded edges.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

My first was a gift. The 3GS. Really liked that phone, although it was used only on WiFi because AT&T was never my carrier. Gave it away earlier this year to a friend who needed a phone.

My first outright purchase by myself of an iPhone was the iPhone 5. I could have upgraded a year earlier but I did not want and made every effort to avoid the iPhone 4 and 4S.

I absolutely love my iPhone 5. I love the edges and the fact that it's black/slate. And that it's metal and not plastic.

Of course, because I really love this phone Apple killed it in favor of the 5c. :(

4. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

Mine was the original iPhone. I was first in line at the AT&T store in Lanham, MD on June 29th, 2007and the first to walk out with one. The rest of the line applauded like crazy. I'm such a nerd.

5. 0928001, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2014

0928001 Suspended

iPhone 3G I bought for $300 off of Craigslist back in 2009, a little after the 3GS came out.

Sometime in 2011, I bought a new non-OEM backplate, battery, and display to try and restore it to like-new condition. Took the phone apart completely and completely failed at the backplate restore. The screws got all mixed up, and they were so tiny that I gave up. All parts sat in a plastic bag until 2013, when I threw them in the trash. Wish I wouldn't have...

6. venomgt95 thread starter macrumors 6502

venomgt95

aww :(

7. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

My first iPhone was the 3GS. I then had an iPhone 4, then 5. I'm currently using a 5S which is my favorite out of all the iPhones I've owned.

8. eoblaed macrumors 68000

eoblaed

My first was the original iPhone in 2007. I've upgraded every year, getting the new models on the day they're released. As one might expect, my favorite so far is the 5S. That'll likely change on the 19th (assuming that's the release date). :cool:

9. 1981d macrumors 6502

I got a 3GS when ATT started their $49 offer. I couldn't believe I could get an iPhone for ~$50. I went down the next day after seeing the commercial and bought it:)

10. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

My first was the original. It's also my favorite of the bunch. I've had them all except for the 4S and 5.

11. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

My first was the 3GS. I liked it, but liked the subsequent models better. I think that the all-white 4S may be my favorite so far.

12. itjw macrumors 65816

I had a BlackBerry curve in the same state! After an unsuccessful housing change it ended up in a plastic bag until it fina... well... it was a BB so it didn't really even deserve to be in the plastic bag by the time it was thrown out.

I wonder if there's a big pile of partially dissasembled phones in plastic bags at some landfill somewhere? Probably not, but I bet it happens a lot with moderately older phones.

The 2G is, was, and always will be the king. It changed phones (for me, and a lot of others obviously) forever. The 3GS is a close second, followed by the 4 not too far behind. The 5 was awesome for what it was, but didn't have the same "wow" factor that the 2G/4 had.

Love them all, so it doesn't really matter. The only one I didn't spend extensive time with was the 3G (being on T-Mobile, the 3G was pointless).

Here's to hoping the 6 has a little of the 4's magic.

13. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

My first iPhone was the 3G. And to be honest, it was my least problematic iPhone. Both the 4 and the 5 have given me some sort of hardware issues.

14. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

My first was the iPhone 4. I loved that phone. My second was the iPhone 5. I love this phone. My third will be the iPhone 6. The novelty of the iPhone has worn off on me, but I still wouldn't use any other smart phone.

15. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Although the gitty feeling and butterflies aren't there anymore, Apple still makes the best Smartphone. My daily interactions with customers include helping them pair their phones to their new car stereo and so I've seen, touched, and played with all types of phones. I'll never go away from my iPhone ;).