First Look at 3rd Party Red Sport Band w/ SG Sport

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Sirious, May 21, 2015.

1. Sirious, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015

Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

Mesmerised by the look of the red sport band shown off by Jony Ive, I took the plunge and bought a 3rd party sport band, in red, on eBay. It was just under £5 and it seemed silly not to.
    I'm still waiting on my band adapter to arrive, so I can't really try it on.

The quality is nothing like Apple's. In fact, its really rubbery than anything (as expected) and its also really thin. It doesn't feel sticky or tacky, its a very matte rubber. The pin is also simply inserted into the rubber like a button, and it isn't secured very well - but it looks strong enough to stay put. It is however, resistant to dust and lint - and fingerprints don't show up at all because it's matte, so thats a positive.

I can't see myself using this band everyday, if at all, because of how thin it is. It's just a nice thing to show off to your friends since Apple is obviously not selling them. The combination does look really good, to me. Red and space grey look great. Ultimately, I think I will be waiting for Apple to come out with a red band.

FYI, I am not complaining, I kinda expected this, but just wanted to share my thoughts incase someone was thinking of buying one.

Tell me what you think of how it looks. I'm currently using the S/M Apple band, and the 3rd party one is slightly longer, at the end with the pin. I will be posting more pictures once I get my adapters.

BTW, please don't criticise the screen protector on my watch :p

Attached Files:

2. andrewpturko macrumors regular

andrewpturko

It's funny how much a difference in materials of a similar design can not only make something feel cheap, but look it too. Nonetheless, interesting color. Nothing to regret buying as it was under £5.00.

3. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

4. joshneedham, May 21, 2015
    Last edited: May 21, 2015

joshneedham macrumors member

Don't use that unless you have lug adapters; that band is meant to attach to the watch the way the classic buckle does, with the metal parts. Without those, it can and almost certainly will fall off of your wrist

Edit: didn't see the part where you said you have adapters on the way, oops

5. Sirious thread starter macrumors 65816

Sirious

Yes it is. It's an excellent combination and its a shame that Apple (in theory) is gonna make us wait for this colour!

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

There will be thousands of band choices in the month to come.

7. Sirious thread starter macrumors 65816

Sirious

Looking out for a better quality one for sure.

8. Sirious thread starter macrumors 65816

Sirious