Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I stood the iPad up using the smart cover as a triangle on my friends table to FaceTime with my dad. Well, the iPad fell straight on it's face. Luckily I only got a slight nick that us barely noticeable. Damn PowerSupport for taking so long with the crystal film. Oh well, what can I do. :).

In fact you can't even see it when the screen is on but I'm still upset.

I'd have a 2 year insurance policy from worth ave group too.

ani23

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
I have a feeling the smart covers gonna fk it up for quite a few

Post pix?

BobbieM629

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2011
Midwest
Persona ly I thought the smart cover was not very "smart". I liked the leather case they released with the iPad 1 and thought something similar would have been MUCH smarter! I didn't purchase a smart cover because of that.

Sorry you had troubles. I am glad it wasn't more major though!! I know how you feel.. I am super OCD with my stuff.. I have screen protectors but if they get a nick or stretch I replace them ASAP because it bugs me.

bcp23

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully it won't be noticeable when you inatall the screen protector.

PatrickCocoa

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2008
Relax, don't do it

I stood the iPad up using the smart cover as a triangle on my friends table to FaceTime with my dad. Well, the iPad fell straight on it's face. Luckily I only got a slight nick that us barely noticeable. Damn PowerSupport for taking so long with the crystal film. Oh well, what can I do. :).

Relax. It's really not that important. The iPad is meant to exist in the real world, with you, part of your experiences. It's not a precious snowflake to revere and protect.

You own it, it doesn't own you.

ani23

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008

If you don't mind can you comment on your experience with worth ave here? Ipad insurance review thread

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Relax. It's really not that important. The iPad is meant to exist in the real world, with you, part of your experiences. It's not a precious snowflake to revere and protect.

You own it, it doesn't own you.

Thanks Patrick, I feel slightly better.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
What about costs term durations and info u had to provide to sign up. That would be helpful.

It was $130 for two years, and I had to just provide my name, address, and credit card. :). And which model of iPad I bought. No receipt, no nothing.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
There is no word 'stupidness' in English.
Stupidity is your case;)

Whatever it is, I'll never stand my iPad up in portrait mode with the smart cover again. Here is to hoping the crystal film covers it.

ani23

macrumors 6502
Dec 22, 2008
It was $130 for two years, and I had to just provide my name, address, and credit card. :). And which model of iPad I bought. No receipt, no nothing.

Thanks much. If you don't mind I will add it to my post.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've finally gotten around to enjoying my iPad and that means not using a case or a screen protector. The only time I use a case is if I'm going to be outside or planning an all-day trip.

I've found I baby my devices and never truly use them the way they are intended. I keep it in immaculate condition only to what, get trade in value on the newer model, only to do the same thing all over again. A vicious cycle.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I've finally gotten around to enjoying my iPad and that means not using a case or a screen protector. The only time I use a case is if I'm going to be outside or planning an all-day trip.

I've found I baby my devices and never truly use them the way they are intended. I keep it in immaculate condition only to what, get trade in value on the newer model, only to do the same thing all over again. A vicious cycle.

I agree. But I don't usually even sell them. I gave them to my wife and she completely doesnt care. My power support crystal film should be here soon, I'll throw that on and I bet I won't even see it anymore. Like I said, you can't even see it at all when the screen is on. Thank God :)

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I have a feeling the smart covers gonna fk it up for quite a few

Post pix?

Sadly, I can't post a picture. It would be ridiculously hard to capture. Like I said, you can't even see it unless you are under a light and are looking for it very diligently. When it dropped on it's face I was in a well light room and i examined it for damage. Otherwise I would have never known.

KnitGirl

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2011
Can you explain how you were using the smart cover to stand it up in portrait mode? I can't get my head around it.

melman101

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Can you explain how you were using the smart cover to stand it up in portrait mode? I can't get my head around it.

LOL good question. I said it was my stupidity :). I folded it into a triangle, and stood it up in portrait. it was doing good for a little bit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.