First Official White House Press Briefing = FAKE NEWS

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jan 21, 2017.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

He should have tweeted about it instead.....

5. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

My money is on this becoming a regular thing with this administration.

6. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Maybe Facebook will just make him go away. They're fighting against fake news, right?

And wasn't Trumps inauguration speech panned by fact checkers everywhere?

7. RedOrchestra Suspended

WOW . unbelievable really how so many yuksters just can't accept the result filed by the people and the electoral college . Donald J Trump, 45th President of the United States get used to it people.

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Just pointing out the lies and the cons that the 45th President and his administration try to pull. Get used to it people. Because neither I nor others will stop pointing them out.

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

This has nothing to do with accepting who is President. Unbelievably sad that anyone let alone many might think that. Fact checking, exercising the right to protest, and taking action - get used to it people.

10. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

All of f that would have come in handy when Bernie was getting railroaded....

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

It never goes out of fashion and is always an option. And people aren't snowflakes for doing so.

12. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

The ones crying sure look like snow flakes.
    Too little too late . As long as things don't burn have fun & exercise.

13. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Sorry - I didn't realize having emotions or feeling strongly about an issue meant that you were a snowflake. Clearly you have no desire to bridge any divide that exists. You're part of the problem.

14. RedOrchestra Suspended

Y'all have a good time knocking yourselves out ... the rest of us are going to get on with our lives and enjoy our time on this great continent of ours.

Best thing for people to do is put there heads down, work their tailbones off, provide both a good living for their families and be a roll model for their children, pay your taxes, and make a contribution to society as a whole INSTEAD of blaming that same society for your own shortcomings in life.

15. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

You might overlook lies and cons from the Trump administration but I won't. You might give him a pass on everything but I won't. And you won't be getting on with your life. You'll be trying to defend the indefensible until perhaps even you can no longer defend it. The only question is, where that line is for you?

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Isn't that what the right was doing which is why they wanted change. For the last 8 (well actually several decades) I have been doing exactly what you describe. You can do all that AND still hold the people in office accountable.

You wanted change, you got change. Everyone did. You want to blame someone for getting people more involved in government and speaking up for what they want - look no further than Trump. Only, it goes both ways. The people will not be silent.

So go on and get on with your lives. The others are too. If you're so bothered by people with differing opinions or who want to speak out against injustices - then perhaps you need to figure out how to deal with it. Because right now, it doesn't look like you're OK with others voicing their opinions here or on the street.

17. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

That was one of the most embarrassing things I can recall watching...

18. RedOrchestra Suspended

I'm rich, so my only line are those little nosepickers who wanted Bernie in so he could give them a free ride.

So you tidy your lives up I got to go and put the finishing touches on the family Easter holiday to Europe ... buh bye.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Works for me . Crying solves little to nothing , 30 y/o clowns living in their parents basement wanting to talk about insurance are going to. Be eaten by the rest of the world .
    --- Post Merged, Jan 21, 2017 ---
    Change trump for Obama and things have changed :D

20. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

That's hyperbole and an overgeneralization of who is out there - especially today - marching. It's a shame you want to dismiss thousands because of a few.

21. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

How many times do i have to say there is no problem as long as nothing burns?

22. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Buh bye. See you again the next time you feel the need to defend Don the Con. :D

23. poloponies macrumors 68030

The fact that this merited a human press release on day 1 of the new administration should trouble you along with the rest of us. Those of us with memories seem to recall Trump and other nutbags questioning Obama's citizenship, religion, etc. on a daily basis for 8 years and never once did Obama feel the need to send a mouthpiece out to complain about it. If Trump lacks the emotional capacity to accept criticism, then that's just another of his many flaws. Enjoy the next 4 years with your head in the sand.

24. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Memo to Trump Administration:

Nobody really gives a nickel jizz how big the crowd at your inauguration was. It really, at the end of the day, doesn't mean a hill of beans if there were a million people there, or ten thousand.

What actually matters is you people keeping our country safe, strong, and growing. You need to concentrate on upholding our country's laws, protecting our people. Managing our economy. Standing by our allies. Standing strong against our adversaries. Upholding America's global reputation for strength and justice.

The fact that you seemed to spend an inordinate amount of time and mental effort panicking about some mildly critical news reports is troubling to me. Because, before very long, you are going to be facing off with people far more dangerous - and hostile - to the American people than American journalists.

Your job is not to protect Donald J. Trump's fragile ego. If you think that is item #1 on your job description, quit now. Go get a job in Hollywood, or foreclosing on delinquent mortgages. Start a hydroponic dope farm. Whatever. You'll be doing yourself, your country, and humanity itself a huge favor if you do so.

If Donald Trump thinks unflattering aerial photographs of his parade route are worthy of serious concern, he's clearly worrying about the wrong thing. But we all knew that, and have done so for a long, long time.