Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Time to start drinking the Pepsi...or grabbing caps from whoever can drink it for you!

Comment

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
Cool! I didn't know the giveaway had already started. I can just seee the surge in Pepsi sales nationwide.

Poor Coke...;)

Comment

MacBoyX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
East Coast, USA
Originally posted by brianellisrules
so what did you download?

Nothing yet...

1. I am not home but at work and no Mac here and no access to iTMS thru work on the PC version.
2. I don't know if you can do it until Feb 1. I WILL be checking as soon as I get home and I'll get back to ya!

macboyX

Comment

MacBoyX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
East Coast, USA
Originally posted by jrv3034
Cool! I didn't know the giveaway had already started. I can just seee the surge in Pepsi sales nationwide.

Poor Coke...;)

Poor Coke my Aunt Fanny!

Coke launched their own service, and it was down more than it was up in the first 48 hrs.

Pepsi deserves the boost in sales, they are payin for the songs :)

LOL!

macboyX

Comment

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
You probably won't be able to input the number until the 1st. I vaugely recall that there will be a place in the actual iTunes music store to put the number. You won't go to a web page and put in the number with your iTunes account name. So it will probably be an update to the iTunes Music Store main page or something. I doubt they would update the whole client for it.

Comment

MacBoyX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2003
East Coast, USA
Originally posted by michaelrjohnson
congrats on the win.

i forsee a large # of useless threads beginning to pop up.:rolleyes:

good work!:D

Me thinks you might be right, but I was kinda hoping that I was the first. Has no one else seen one or won?

There is no where to redeem it yet, and I didn't think it started until Feb 1 either!

Arn asked me to send pics, I just did, maybe i'll put them on Macboyx.com.

LOL...i feel like such a Mac Geek!

macboyx

Comment

whooleytoo

macrumors 604
Aug 2, 2002
Cork, Ireland.
Originally posted by jrv3034

Poor Coke...;)

I can see it now, Pepsi talking to Steve Jobs:

"Do you want to change the world all you life? Or do you want to join us, and sell sugared water?" :D

Comment

idkew

macrumors 68020
can we enter without paying?

it may be less expensive to send a postcard for a free entry....

edit:

2. WHERE TO FIND GAME PIECES: Look for game piece printed underneath bottle caps on specially marked “iTunes” 20 oz. and 1 liter bottles of Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Sierra Mist and under the rim of specially marked 32 oz. fountain cups available at participating 7-11 convenience stores during the Promotion Period. Not all brands and package sizes may participate in all areas. No Purchase Necessary. To receive one free game piece and a copy of Official Rules, while supplies last, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope postmarked on or before 3/31/04 to: Pepsi iTunes Game Piece, P.O. Box 9205, Young America, MN 55558-9205. Residents of the state of VT may omit return postage. Limit one free game piece per request per stamped outer envelope. Pepsi-Cola Company (“Sponsor”) assumes no liability for lost, late, stolen, illegible, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete or postage-due mail or requests.

so- it will cost you 74¢ per chance, which is 1 in 3, or on average $2.22 for music by postage entry.

Comment

hcopp

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2003
East Lansing, MI
heres what i want to know...

if i got 10 free songs... would i just have a credit of $9.90 and buy an album with 9 more cents... or do you only get one song.

Comment

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
The only bad thing that I can see (and I am being really picky) is that the http://www.iTunes.com on the cap is much smaller than I envisioned it. Or, at least smaller than what Steve told me.....

Attachments

• itunescap.jpg
    itunescap.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 5,465
Comment

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by Freg3000
The only bad thing that I can see (and I am being really picky) is that the http://www.iTunes.com on the cap is much smaller than I envisioned it. Or, at least smaller than what Steve told me.....

I called the 800 number. Just a recording saying the promotion starts 2/1 and to hold caps and call back later.

Comment

Photorun

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2003
NYC
coke sucks, pepsi rules

COOL!!! I need to check my local sugar water outlets and see what's going on there, let the games begin! And I'm trying to find out uses for the Pepsi I'm not going to drink (it's bad for you, like all soda). Maybe I put I could make a Pepsi pond outside, some type of wacky Willy Wonka like thing... and oompas will come.

Comment

dukemeiser

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2002
Iowa
I liked the fair sized Apple logo on the Pepsi bottle! Talk about mind share.

Now I'm going to have to find some songs worth downloading!

Comment

SpY2K

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2003
Minneapolis, MN
:cool: hehe that Pepsi/iTunes hotline is humurous... so upbeat, makes me want to check my local convenience store for some! ...can't wait for the ad on 2/1

Comment

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Can't help thinking that some people are going to be confused why they can't claim their free songs now... and just give up.

Surely Pepsi should have waited until 1st Feb - then the winners could d/l songs immediately.

Its a shame that some of these bottles won't 'accidently' find their way into Canada!

Comment

G4scott

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2002
Austin, TX
Just picked up a pepsi downstairs at my dorm from a machine... No iTunes contest, just the same ol' Pepsi Sí, which I'm guessing is a ploy to get hispanics to drink Pepsi...

I'll check our dorm's 'gas station' store (it's like a convenient store in our dorm) to see what those bottles are like...

I did just notice that the cap on this pepsi is a nice, translucent aqua blue... too bad there's no music with it...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.