First pic of the 2010 Nissan 370Z

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aibo, May 14, 2008.

1. aibo macrumors 6502

This has been called a "semi-official" picture from an Nissan event.
    370Z is scheduled be unveiled this Nov, sold in early 09 as a 2010 model.

Attached Files:

2. Frisco macrumors 68020

3. Stridder44 macrumors 68040

Stridder44

I like Infinity, but Nissan just seems so overhyped to me (yes, I know they're the same). Everyone gets their panties wet over the GT-R, but it's not even that amazing. I mean Nissans are not crappy cars by any means, I just fail to the awesomeness (GT-R, 350Z) that so many people seem to.

4. monke macrumors 65816

monke

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

And possibly more aggressive-looking (which is good), maybe a bit more retro in terms of style. I'd have to see it from a few more angles, though. Looks awesome from what I can tell. :)

And I don't think Nissan are overrated. I think they're the only Japanese car maker that has any flair in their design. They're not perfect, but they have made some beautiful cars, and add the Japanese touch to the technology and interior, and it does give people a different option.

6. aibo thread starter macrumors 6502

Toyota has no more Celica or Supra. Honda killed off the RSX, Prelude, (and is about to end the S2k — with rumors of no replacement). Mitsubishi's Eclipse hasn't been any good since 1999.

Nissan is about the only Japanese automaker left offering a 2dr sports car. I guess Mazda's got the RX-8, but it's ugly and I wouldn't want to deal with finding a mechanic who will work on a rotary down the road. I'll be buying the next Z revision no matter what.

7. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

Have you seen the spyshots of the new RX-7? That looks way better than the 370Z.

8. aibo thread starter macrumors 6502

link? haven't seen them, but I hope it looks more like the RX-7 than the RX-8... and I hope the performance is better than the RX-8 (performance of a V6 with the fuel efficiency of a V8?). Then there's the rotary maintenance to think about years down the road.

9. madoka macrumors 6502

madoka

RX-7 as reported by Road and Track:

[​IMG]

Starting at $30,000. . .

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Oh my, that's sexxx on wheels. Has stevento seen this?

11. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

not bad, but it's still gonna be priced close to HSV's offerings. Although they drink much more, a 6.2 litre V8 appeals to me more than a hotted-up V6.

Drop an LS3 into the 370Z, and I'll get interested :D

12. aibo thread starter macrumors 6502

That silver RX-7 concept above looks amazing.

13. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

You miss the Toyota MR2 which was a great little car.

Nissan was also the company that started the pocket rocket cars and made it big.

The orginal Sentra SE-r (91-94) made car and driver top 10 all 4 years. My first car was a 92 SE-R and it was a great little car. Now I drive an 04 SE-R Spec V. Everything honda made with the Civic and RSX was a copy of the original.

What I like about nissan is they have that edger look and do try to make all there cars a little more sporty across all the lines. They have brought quite a few cars to market that have started trends. For example the SE-R, the Xtrea which was more about funtion over creature conforts and now look what we have out there. Almost everyone has a cheaper SUV that cut cost by remove creature conforts to cover funtions.