First time iPhone pre-order question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtnDewFTW, Sep 12, 2012.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

So tomorrow at midnight I'm going to pre-order the iPhone. My question is, I want to get it shipped to my house, but will I get it at the same time as I would if I were to pick it up in the store on the date of the release?

How does shipping usually work? Are they ever late on the deliveries or do most people normally get their phone by the release date?

Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question to anyone, but I've never pre-ordered anything before, so I don't wanna have a bad experience with this.

2. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

To guarantee yourself an iPhone, pre-order one to be shipped to your house. It will arrive whenever Fedex ground comes through your neighborhood. We don't know stock levels at stores, so best bet is to pre-order.

You receive your iPhone on release date.

3. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

I was going to pre-order either way. I was just contemplating whether I should get it shipped or pre-order and pick it up in the store (that is possible to do, right?).

4. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

No it's not unfortunately. Pre-orders are delivery only.

5. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

In that case, I am no longer worried :) I thought people that pre-ordered the phones were able to get in line to get them in the morning of the release date. I'm hoping I don't miss the delivery man. Also hoping he doesn't break my phone lol my brother hasn't had such good experience with shipping electronics so I try to avoid it every chance I get now.

6. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Good luck :apple:

7. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the helpful tip!

It is confirmed that the pre-orders start at midnight pacific time tomorrow, correct?

8. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

Yes confirmed for Apple's and Verizon's websites. I'm not an AT&T-bro, so I don't know about them.

9. mtnDewFTW thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm ordering through Apple either way, so looks like I'm in the clear!