First Time Launch Lineup

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by PAPO, Sep 1, 2014.

1. PAPO macrumors 6502

So I've never gone to an iPhone launch, I did go to a store opening once which was fun, but I was just wondering what I need to do ahead of time, I assume I need to order my phone online ahead of time? can anyone give me a brief walkthrough. I don't want to be fumbling around trying to figure it out as I go and miss out.

Ideally I'd prefer to be able to choose my Phone when I get there, I'm not sure if I want the 4.7" or 5.5" iPhone 6 but I don't want to line up all night and not take anything with me when I leave. Given I live in what is probably the smallest State capitol int he world (Adelaide, South Australia) is there any chance of being able to walk in and get one without an order (as long as I'm near the front of the line)?

Thanks for any help, I feel like such a noob doing this but I want to be prepared because I don't see myself doing this more than once.

2. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I usually just go to the store 3-4 hours before it opens. No need to pre-order. Youl should be able to pick out which phone you want as long as they receive ample stock. For example, I was first in line for the 5s and the store didn't receive any gold models.

3. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

I lined up for about 14 hours last year and was first in line. Around 1am, the line was already about 100 people long. No need to preorder though, just get there early enough.

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

are you guys lining up at apple stores or the carrier stores?

For both the 4s and the 5 I went to the at&t store on launch day when they opened and the line was only 10-15 people so i was always able to get one.

5. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I always just go to the carrier stores. The apple store is way to swamped.

6. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

I have always gone to the Apple Store... Its just a better experience in my opinion because both the employees and all the customers get more excited

7. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I lined up for the 5s, but wasn't early enough for any color but Space Gray. I wanted either white or gold. Hopefully there are pre-orders since I have to work this time around.

8. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

This is my first year lining up, but from what everyone tells me, getting there pretty early (12+ hours) is enough to almost guarantee being in the top 10 in line, along with the phone of your choice. :)

9. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

This is mostly true except for the case of the iPhone 5S. I was first in line, waited for 14 hours, and I DIDN'T get the model I wanted. I wanted the 32GB GOLD for Verizon and they only had one gold and it was the 64GB for AT&T.

10. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

i waited in line also! I had to wait 10 hrs and it was fun! met new people and it was exciting! I got the phone i wanted and it was super fun! @ the applestore