first time preordering

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tmurray315, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Tmurray315 macrumors regular

so i want the new iphone i have 3 lines one of my line is eligible for an upgrade. If i transfer that upgrade to my main line will i loose the unlimited data on my plan??

2. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

No. You can upgrade that extra line, and transfer it to your current line and number, and you will keep the unlimited data. The other line will be on a new two year contract, and your current line will still be available for upgrade whenever it says the date is.

3. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

oh thats great news i saw on my verizon account that i can transfer upgrade should i do it now and get ready for the pre ordering??

4. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Oh whoa whoa. I thought you were on ATT as you didnt specify in your post.

Im pretty sure that upgrading on VZW is going to lose your unlimited plan.... (maybe someone else can shed some light).

yeah i just researched a bit more, it looks like on verizon in order to keep your unlimited data you have to buy the phone at full price (this is even if you upgrade your main line).

Sorry :/

5. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

You have to wait until you order, but you better make sure they send you two nano sim cards.

I recently transferred an upgrade to a LTE phone and I had to use two sim cards. One for the first number and the second one to transfer to mine.

6. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

really i thought iphones dont have sim cards?? i have verizon when i go to my account online it says i can transfer my upgrade line to my main line i was wondering if that would be okay to do

7. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

She thought you were on ATT too.

Realize though, you are going to lose your unlimited data if you upgrade

You have to pay the full price of the phone to keep your unlimited with verizon.

8. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

You are able to transfer upgrades on Verizon but you can only do this at the moment you purchase your upgrade phone. So you can't just transfer the upgrade and then go to apple.com to buy your iPhone. This means you can only preorder the iPhone for your Verizon upgrade at the Verizon store on or VZW.com

If you upgrade, you will lose your unlimited data. I just went through this whole thing with another line on our account, and the second we upgraded we lost the unlimited. Verizon's trying to eliminate all the grandfathered accounts.

9. Tmurray315 thread starter macrumors regular

okay so if i pre order the iphone 5 on apple.com, will i just put the number down thats avaiable for upgrade then transfer it when i get the phone?? or could i just transfer the upgrade on friday if verizon does pre orders online??

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'm pretty sure Verizon released something that said if you want the new iPhone, you lose the unlimited data?