First to walk in at my store...then got attacked by the media...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eddyisgreat, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Anyone else get a media beatdown @ the Apple Store?

I walked in first complete with epic cheers of joy and hand claps from the employees (kinda scary).

I wasn't the first to walk out with the iPhone 4 but man did the local news and other outfits wanna get my opinion because I was first.

Of course I repped hard for :apple: but I'm kinda upset @ getting bum rushed. I was literally surrounded.

2. the-oz-man macrumors 6502

the-oz-man

3. Eddyisgreat thread starter macrumors 601

lol i bet it does

4. foot56 macrumors regular

I went to my local Apple store last night with a buddy that wanted to confirm his reservation for the new Iphone. Forgetting people have yet to pick up theirs I asked one of the employees if they had any bumpers that I could purchase. Out of the corner of my eye I hear “Wait is that the new Iphone…” I **** you not I must have had like 40- 60 people around me. It was kind of a surreal moment I had no clue that a phone could be this “popular”, This was my first Iphone by the way.

5. mangohippo macrumors member

Apple employees have always rubbed me the wrong way. They seem so smug with their Apple t-shirts, Converse shoes, and straight leg jeans making barely over minimum wage.

6. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Happened to me yesterday at BestBuy. I went to pick up an invisible shield front and back. No press just staff and customers. Funny either way.

Actually media, I dunno. Sounds cool.

7. Eddyisgreat thread starter macrumors 601

So you got your's early?

LoL the Apple employees were cool I just wish they had told the media to stay off their property and let customers breathe :D.

Parking lot is fair game.

8. MikeTheVike macrumors regular

You should have just stared blankly into the cameras and said "I like turtles..."

9. ducktales macrumors regular

[​IMG]

10. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

If I was stopped by the media, I'd make sure to make a dig on AT&T on camera.

Nothing like yelling at them publicly for three years of being a thorn on Apple's side.

Rethink possible? Pssh.... Rethink management.

11. Aadhil macrumors regular

Everyone who managed to get a pre order successfully executed got their iPhone on the 23rd...me included :D

12. Eddyisgreat thread starter macrumors 601

Actually I did.

Because for whatever reason we activated the phone in store (of course) but it said "no service". Still does.

So when the reporters were asking me to show it off I said "i'd show you some more features but I have no service...ATT" and everyone laughed :)

13. fuzion macrumors 6502

I went to Apple yesterday to get a bumper and the guy said .. oh... we haven't seen them yet! Can I hold it?

14. fuzion macrumors 6502

Did you power cycle?

15. Eddyisgreat thread starter macrumors 601

Yes that didn't help. I just reseated the sim and now it works all right. Just gotta remember not to touch any corners...

16. CJayC macrumors 6502

So because the word ended in an 's' it must have an apostrophe?

17. fuzion macrumors 6502

Oops!

Attached Files:

18. Eddyisgreat thread starter macrumors 601

So, foot56, you received your iPhone ahead of schedule?

CJayC please go troll in another thread. I know you need to make your rounds but there are plenty of topics where you can sort of almost be a part of the conversation. Thanks.

19. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Link us to the interview when it comes up on the news site.

20. benlee macrumors 65816

benlee

Not true. I ordered a 16GB and a 32GB. Got 16GB early, but getting 32GB today.

Ordered from AT&T though, perhaps Apple orders?

21. Eddyisgreat thread starter macrumors 601

I will If I can find it...I should've asked for business cards or something.