First year since 2007 not buying new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Holty123, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Holty123, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013

Holty123 macrumors 6502

Holty123

Admission i am an Apple fan boy. now thats out of the way this is the first year that i have not been exciting about iphone day! and can't decide if i am going to buy the new 5s i have bought the new one every year since 2007 but this year i haven't got that giddy feeling i don't know why maybe because when SJ was alive he could sell me anything i would have bought the iTurd i don't think big Phill sold it to me this year maybe they should have used siri again?

this time next week i might have changed my mind and will be setting my alarm for the early hours i will let you know

any other veteran iphone user feel the same?

2. matttye macrumors 601

I'm not excited about it either. It's a nice upgrade but not worth upgrading from the 5. I would upgrade if I had a 4S.

Just so you know, some of the sentences you ended with a '?' weren't questions.

3. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

No. Had them all basically and excited for this one. If you aren't, check out the competitors.

20 bucks says you will want the iPhone 5s by next fri :)

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Had every iPhone since the 3G and I'm skipping this one. The 5 is already too fast. Will get the 6.

5. Holty123 thread starter macrumors 6502

Holty123

???? my bad

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    Not sure if its worth leaving the i5 for the 5S.
    The fingerprint sensor is cool and the updated internals but might save the upgrade for the next years completely redesigned iPhone.

7. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

I should note that I am able to upgrade every year for the discounted price because of someone else on my line.. That's honestly the only reason I'm doing it. Oh and the fitness thing sounds cool cause I excercise a lot

8. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

I know how you feel. While I'm excited about this iPhone this is the first year I'm not excited about upgrading my Porsche GT3. Woe is me.

9. WilliamG macrumors G3

I went from the GT3 to the GT3 RS. That was a nice upgrade.

Anyway, I'm most excited about the fingerprint stuff. I really am sick and tired of having to type in passcodes and swiping my screen to unlock it. Crazy...

10. scottlu13 macrumors newbie

Upgrading for sure, a year is too long to wait for me even if its not a huge upgrade. It's something you look at every single day over & over again so I figure it's worth it.

11. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

By that logic one can justify getting a new car every year. Or a new house. Or even a new wife! :p

12. -iKris- macrumors regular

The only iPhones I've had are the 3GS and the 4S, so this is a good upgrade for me and one I'm excited about (apart from the no pre ordering nonsense).