Fitting text to the screen in web browser?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by groupersandwich, Mar 28, 2012.

1. groupersandwich macrumors 6502

Is there anyway to fit the text to the screen so that I don't have to scroll from side to side to read? On my Droid X if I double tapped the screen to expand the text size it would text wrap so that I didn't have to scroll. I have as of yet found a way to do this in either safari or skyfire and in order to get the text so the screen doesn't scroll it is so small that it is unreadable rendering web surfing unusable. Any suggestions?

2. ap3604, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  3. groupersandwich thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks! I bought it and it certainly helps. It seems that Apple could add text re-flowing (as I have learned it is called) to Safari with little effort. Safari could be so much more than they are allowing it to be. Does Apple have a particular reason for not using re-flowing?

4. ap3604, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  5. Rennir macrumors 6502

But the problem with reader is that it isn't universal. As for the OP's question, it's just one of Apple's quirks I guess. Unfortunately, you're just going to have to deal with the lack of text reflow on iOS. That or go back to Android. Apple has had many opportunities to include text reflow into Safari and yet they haven't. That tells me that they're probably never going to, considering how long the technology has been out :( It's unfortunate, but you'll have to decide whether or not the lack of text reflow is a deal breaker for you.

6. Tea-Aholic macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

But I do know that text wrapping can mess up the layout of a webpage, and I don't think Apple wants that.