Fix for bent iPhones and scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ToddH, Oct 10, 2012.

1. ToddH, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Yeah I realize this is not a perfect fix, but just some sound advice. Get the phone out of your tight Jean pockets and into one of these or similar cases! I realize that many of you prefer to keep your iPhone in your pocket, but it just get so dirty that way and full of lint. And for those that are always complaining that they chipped their iPhone put a mark on it, or a dent etc., get a case. Get a small case, a thin case, put some ghost armor on your phone. I think most people want to carry their phone without a case so they can show off to others that they have upgraded to the iPhone 5! It reminds me of that funny commercial that was put out by Samsung That showed a long line of customers waiting to get the new iPhone 4S and one guy said, it looks the same as the 4, how are people going to know that I upgraded? For many iPhone customers that is very very true, true but sad. Don't get me wrong, I do like the iPhone five it is very beautiful it is very nice looking but since it is made out of aluminum, that tends to not be nearly as strong as the stainless steel that was on the 4S. The 4 S could withstand more abuse in your pocket especially when you bent over and your jeans got real tight. However the new iPhone five is made of aluminum so they can make it lighter, Since it is longer it seems to be a little more delicate than the 4s. Are there a lot of you guys out there that just cannot stand cases or hate them completely?

Attached Files:

2. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

3. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

You should not need a case in fear that your phone will bend in its pocket... absolutely ridiculous.

4. ToddH thread starter macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Here you go dude...
    http://www.cases.com/pdair-black-leather-vertical-pouch-for-apple-iphone-5-with-belt-clip.html

----------

I'm not suggesting that you get a case to put it in your pocket. I'm suggesting get a case in case you drop your phone on the concrete and really Marr it up really bad. I'm suggesting that you don't put it in your pocket at all to prevent it from bending if you do some strenuous work while having extremely tight jeans on. I think one of the guys posted a statement that his iPhone bent when it was in his pocket.

5. ri0ku macrumors 6502a

Nono sorry man, I didn't direct that at you.. it was more of a...if a company builds a mobile phone that at minimum costs £529 to buy...it should not be bending in someones pocket... I think its ridiculous.

6. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

if a phone is bending from being in your pocket, there is a serious issue with the phone....

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I've had holsters before and I found that over time they loosen up inside and Ive had some of my iPhones slide out. Having a cellphone holster on your belt is a great way of saying either "Mug me" or "Run by me quickly and snatch my iPhone from my belt". I always leave my iPhone on vibrate, and if my iPhone is not in my pocket I don't feel it vibrate.

8. ToddH thread starter macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Okay, I can respect that opinion. I usually keep my phone in an OtterBox and I use the hip clip for that. However right now I'm not using the OtterBox, but I am using the speck candy shell to protect my phone for right now. I think if you're paranoid about getting mug with your phone on your hip, that will really depend on if you live in a bad part of town or in a bad city or not because most of the time that will not happen. That will most likely happen with a woman's purse in New York City or Detroit Michigan, but I have never heard of anybody stealing a phone off someone's hip. I had heard of people stealing phones when they are set down on a table at a restaurant and the owner gets up to get a drink Out of the fountain machine. However you may be right and I could be wrong.

9. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

10. ToddH thread starter macrumors 6502a

ToddH

LOL! Oh yeah, let me fix that.... Interstella5555, GET A LIFE!!! Pick up some curtsey and respect while your at it!

11. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Well you have already made massive assumptions about me and uncountable others who don't use a case, figured I'd return the favor.

12. qckslvrsiete macrumors regular

Honestly, (and I do acknowledge that a phone fragile enough to bend in one's pants pocket is a significant manufacturing defect) if you're wearing pants that are so tight that they cause your legs to apply enough force to bend a moderately solid aluminum phone...you should probably wear looser pants.

For those that insist on wearing tight-fitting pants, and have a concern that their pockets are so tight their iPhones will bend, amazon has a large variety of these for you to keep your phone in:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...ywords=purses&sprefix=purse&rh=i:aps,k:purses