Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnibblet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
My iPhone 5 had horrible overheating problems. After searching around I found a fix. Try disabling ALL exchange accounts (iCloud, Outlook, Gmail etc.) Also ensure that you have the latest software and ALWAYS CLEAR MULTITASKING (DOUBLE CLICK HOME OR THREE FINGER SWIPE ON iPAD) These tips helped me, but I still took my device back to the Apple Store because I did not want a device that would overheat.

(Yes, these are very amatuer tips that many already know. I created this to help users who may be new to the wonderful world of :apple: )

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Try turning off location services for a day and see if that fixes it. If it does that means one of the apps is using GPS to often. Do you see this icon on top?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375322064.219759.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
That is not a fix. What your implying is for battery saving not a fix for the heat problem

KattDaDon

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2011
It worked very well for me. Have you tried it?

I honestly don't find this to be a fix. Just my opinion. I feel this is just battery saving and not a heating problem but just my opinion and no I haven't tried it because I don't get heating problems. My iPhone works just fine and keeping it cool. I did indeed have friends that had this heating problem and tried this and the heating problem still exists and I ranted about it but if y'all say so

macnibblet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2013
I honestly don't find this to be a fix. Just my opinion. I feel this is just battery saving and not a heating problem but just my opinion and no I haven't tried it because I don't get heating problems. My iPhone works just fine and keeping it cool. I did indeed have friends that had this heating problem and tried this and the heating problem still exists and I ranted about it but if y'all say so

Thank you. I will try to only post proven methods. This thread will self destruct in several seconds

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I found this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4338574?start=0&tstart=0

According to the article this fixed it for some people:
Try turning off safari in iCloud and sending diagnostic data to apple.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

RhinoMan

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2013
Not quite a fix for heating problems

But it is a work around It isn't about battery saving - although that is a by-product.

I also get overheating and it seems to be the rate if discharge in the battery causing it to overheat - which it does because there is a bug in a program that hasn't ceased a power hungry operation.

This method works intermittently. - the other thing that works for me is to close every application and soft reboot. All it does is close the errant programme and start again. If I knew which software was at fault it would be easier (delete that s.o.b...!) but for now - it - it is the best we got.

Still ned a fix tho...

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
If I knew which software was at fault it would be easier (delete that s.o.b...!) but for now - it - it is the best we got.

Still ned a fix tho...

You can install one of the system utility apps and see the rogue process. It is also often associated with looping authentication attempts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.