Fixed News top story- Whitehouse declares war on us

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Oct 12, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

This made me laugh, one thought came to mind when reading the following portion:

Well, maybe if Obama picked Palin as his VP, there would have been more negative stories. The Pew study is flawed on the basis that assumes each candidate had numerically equal amounts of negatives.

3. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Pew research is as bad as Faux News.

Glad the WH is fighting those idiots.

4. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Doesn't sound like a very clever fight to pick.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Fox might have something to gain. It's not as if they lost any credibility with their supporters for calling out the other networks, something I'm fairly certain they still have yet to provide a justifiable response for.

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I meant not a very good fight for the WH to pick. ;)

8. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Not fair and unbalanced news, these guys are allways bragging about how great their ratings are. Just goes to show you hypocrites arent just in Washington these days. Fox news is simply a Republican attack machine and nothing else.
    When Bush was in everything he did was right ,good, and even when he doing illegal things like ignoring our laws,going after the wrong guy,A Trillion dollar war,spying on us and trampling the Constitution they thought it was just terrific. I just cant shed a tear for this group. Nothing but a republican spin machine pretending to be something else.

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I mean, it's no secret that:
    A. Fox News is well beyond "Fair" or "Balanced"
    B. The White House is not their largest fans

But, as Fox News proves day in and day out; truth is irrelevant when it comes to Fox News.

Fox News did attack the Bush Administration, but it was nowhere near the frequency of what's going on now. Remember, Bush had some ideas that were not in-line with the rest of his party, particularly his Immigration views.

I dislike Fox, but it's just as bad, and possibly worse, then them to not be truthful when criticizing them. It's also quite irrelevant.

10. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Most of the news stations are crap, at least fox keeps it exciting.

11. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

actaully there more like Comedy Central 2 in my opinion:D

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I'm oddly starting to like you more and more. Read a newspaper. If you ever did research on any of the topics that the news discusses you would realize that they are all written for second graders and if any of them held the same standards in regards to academia, they would fail. Citations are a joke, footnotes get quoted and being in context is irrelevant it seems.

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Fox "News" complaining that someone else is treating them unfairly? Wow. Irony on top of chutzpah.

I have to agree with Gergen, though...smart administrations, no matter who's the prez, don't get involved in this kind of battle. Let the DNC do it. Let Obama give the cold shoulder to Fox -- he should. Just let someone else do the sniping.

14. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

SHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh!

Read bout Br'er Rabbit.;)

15. Shivetya macrumors 65816

Well we definitely don't have a smart administration then do we, they already made stupid little remarks about Fox news.

I guess they want the idol worship that is MSNBC and CNN. Though CNN is actually getting more combative with Obama and Co. By summer next year all responsible news organizations will be doing the same. (MSNBC won't because they are so biased they don't even allow people to pass on the right)

I LOL all the time I see the silly FOX bashers... oh so because CNN and MSNBC are bastions of factual reporting.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It does depend on the newspaper though, some - like the Guardian in the UK aren't too bad.

17. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Agreed. Picking a war of words with a company who's on TV speaking to millions of Americans day in and day out 24 hours a day, 365 days a year is not a good idea. I find it to be humorous that that Obama administration makes it a point (which I happen to agree with) to talk to our 'enemies' including North Korea, Iran, etc. but they're unwilling to talk to Fox News. :)

Fox News is already dominating the ratings... if they get into a battle with the Administration, you'll see these numbers increase. Also, Fox has a very good spread of conservatives, liberals, independents who tune in to their programming every day (according to Pew, a more balanced audience than any other station) so Obama is just hurting those people, not Fox. The administration will be missing out on a big opportunity to sway public opinion on that station.

Big mistake... although I'm not surprised... this sort of thing is Obama's MO.

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

When talking about television media, I totally agree, however, there's actually a significant move to do more statistical research in reporting, especially by dead-tree journalists. I just spent some time with last year's Pulitzer winners who built a case against the Maricopa County Sheriff's Department by accumulating data, including response times and the number of cases closed. This may not be statistical models on par with the heavy sciences, but it does build a solid case.

Yep, Fox is a tar baby, the more you struggle with it, the more trapped you become.

19. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Lets put it in perspective, at any one time maybe 2 million Americans are watching Fox News, but 298 million Americans aren't watching it.

And Fox News was so anti-Obama before its hard to see how they could get any more anti-Obama than they already were.

20. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

From the new Fox News ticker:

Obama: Vampire, Demonspawn, or Werewolf? Our analysts discuss.

Obama: Does he survive on a diet of kittens from the pound? Or children from orphanages?

Obama: Is the White House building sharks with laser beams attached? General Igetpaidforthis discusses this new plan on Beck.

21. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

I think I saw that last night :D

22. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I would agree and they border on being racist if you will. My impression is they hate our President and will attack him and anything he says. If you listen to fox the president is simply wrong on everything ,anything and everywhere and all the time. A clear Bias.

23. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Is the implication that the President of the United States must cowtow to a friggin' right-wing TV network? That Obama should cower in fear of Fox's power? If that's the case, then the country is gone. Finis. Kaput.

Keith Olbermann of MSNBC doesn't hesitate to upbraid Obama or the Democrats when they deserve it.

But go ahead and laugh. Please don't bother to think about anything. Don't fact-check Maddow vs. Beck, because we all know Beck is an expert on everything from Communist art to Constitutional slavery clauses. Please don't fact-check CNN's news vs. Fox's news, because CNN doesn't do objective, fair and balanced things like rallying tea parties and switching (D)s and (R)s on philandering politicians, the way Fox does.