Flappy Bird - Change the picture of the bird

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by BoxerRobban472, Aug 27, 2014.

1. BoxerRobban472 macrumors member

Hi everyone!

I have been jailbreaking/tweaking my iPhone and iPod for years, and now when I recently have started to learn Objective-C, I have started to explore iFile. I found the Flappy Bird app which included the score.dat file and after some internet searching I managed to get a VERY big highscore;)

I then got the idea to change the bird image to a picture of one of my friends; I found the atlas.png image (which includes backgrounds, pipes, different bird images etc.) and simply pasted the picture I wanted onto the nine bird images, placed this picture where I found the atlas.png image with the exact same name and restarted Flappy Bird. Unfortunatley, after the .Gears loading screen, the screen turns black and I can’t click anything (the ads are still visible though).

What I wonder is, how can I change the picture of the bird to whichever I want? Do I have to do something with the atlas.txt file?

P.S, I'm not sure if this should be placed in Jailbreaks and iOS hacks or iDevice Apps, so sorry if it's in the wrong place

Thanks in advance!:)

2. BoxerRobban472 thread starter macrumors member

I solved it! It turns out that pictures that have been edited in Photoshop and then "converted" to .png format (and with converted I mean that I have changed the file extension) wasn't "accepted". But when I edited the atlas.png in preview it worked great!:cool: