Flash mob thieves make off with $30,000

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
https://www.yahoo.com/gma/flash-mob-thieves-off-30-000-merchandise-north-210441053--abc-news-topstories.html
in merchandise from North Face store in
A 10-person flash mob made off with up to $30,000 worth of merchandise from a North Face store in Wisconsin this week.

The incident occurred Monday night in Pleasant Prairie, Wisconsin, when the ten men "entered the store with purpose," Police Chief David Smetana told ABC News. “They were gone from the store within 30 seconds.”
on the bright side no one got hurt.

vertical smile

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2014
It looks like the authorities have some decent quality pictures of the thieves, hopefully they get caught soon.

Reactions: jkcerda

ronntaylor

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2004
Flushing, New York

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Happened all the time when I worked as a Security Guard at Bergdorf's many years ago. Highly lucrative as they outnumber Security and at worst only a couple may be grabbed. In today's environment, I'm sure most stores tell security to not interfere so as not to cause injuries to staff and especially not customers.
Merchandise is insured. They are better off not interfering vs facing lawsuit if a moron gets hurt

ronntaylor

macrumors regular
Jan 16, 2004
Flushing, New York
Merchandise is insured. They are better off not interfering vs facing lawsuit if a moron gets hurt
I'm not sure about that now, and definitely not 30 years ago. I conducted audits and saw the outrageous profit margins. It's more of a case of anyone getting hurt will cost much more than the lost profits.

I never confronted anyone, but on a few occasions some of my colleagues "handled" dash & grab groups in the loading docks where there weren't cameras.

Reactions: jkcerda