Flash spot on photo, anyway to reduce it or remove it?

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Been asked by a family member if I could do anything with a photo (I do some design, but I'm not an expert by any means). I've been playing around - but really don't know how to go about it. Any ideas how I could go about fixing this a bit (using PS CS5)?

Any tips at all would be helpful, I'm lost!

Attachments

Nov 28, 2010
located
Since I never had to do such work, I can't help you with cleaning that up, since it would involve a lot of cloning and creating parts of the image, for which no information is available, like the face, bones and ear.
But since this looks like it was photographed from a TV, is this a photograph of a scene of some movie or TV show? If so, wouldn't it be easier and less time consuming, renting that movie and making a proper screenshot?

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Since I never had to do such work, I can't help you with cleaning that up, since it would involve a lot of cloning and creating parts of the image, for which no information is available, like the face, bones and ear.
But since this looks like it was photographed from a TV, is this a photograph of a scene of some movie or TV show? If so, wouldn't it be easier and less time consuming, renting that movie and making a proper screenshot?
Well spotted, yeah it's a photo taken of a photo. The original photo is lost (and the subject is now much older) so a touch up of this is the only hope unfortunately.

citizenzen

macrumors 68000
Mar 22, 2010
Any tips at all would be helpful, I'm lost!

Go to iStock.com and buy a photo of a man approximating the same pose. Replace the missing body parts with those from the new photo. Blend edges, adjust color and levels.

Charge family member $200 plus expenses.

Tell them to never call you again.

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster
I couldn't resist an attempt - I usually give up on these...

dmz
Wow that's great too! Cheers! Going to send it to them.. it even has an ear :D

Go to iStock.com and buy a photo of a man approximating the same pose. Replace the missing body parts with those from the new photo. Blend edges, adjust color and levels.

Charge family member $200 plus expenses.

Tell them to never call you again.
Ah so that's how the pros make their money :D