Flashing question mark since installing on iMac 2017 with fusion drive.

Discussion in 'macOS Mojave (10.14)' started by chama98, Sep 25, 2018.

1. chama98 macrumors regular

loving Mojave! however when I restarted earlier I was greeted with a flashing question mark and was unable to boot. I booted into internet recovery and it was showing that my fusion drive was not mounted and that the fusion drive was split. One showing the SSD and the other showing the hard disk.

I am not sure how the new APFS layout is on the fusion drive. is the fusion drive sill a fusion drive or now 2 separate drives? I had to reformat each drive into HFS then 'fix a split fusion drive' instructions from Apple support website. The fusion drive now back together again.

I plan to perform a clean installation of Mojave via the USB method. Seeing that there is no recovery partition on the internal drive. As I tried to boot into the recovery to select the internal drive which had the OS on. But instead it booted into the internet recovery which came with the Mac. (if that makes sense)

2. Mac4Brains macrumors regular

Mac4Brains

I see some time has passed since you posted this but:

the flashing question-mark is the hardwire saying that it can't find a system to boot form on any of the disks that it can see.