Flashing the Queen in a Pic

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
We used to do this for pictures in Jr. High School :p

Maybe she should carry pants for flashers in that handbag!
(Discussed in this thread )

Queen is exposed to Highland game

Having one's picture taken sitting next to the Queen is usually no s******ing matter.

Particularly when it's an official photograph of the battalion in full uniform and Her Majesty is there in her role as commander of the armed forces.

But Colonel Simon West didn't appear to be taking the occasion too seriously yesterday.

In his cap, jacket and spats, his hands on his knees and his ankles crossed, he sat proudly in the front row of the 1st Battalion of the Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders, next to the Queen.

But unlike his comrades, he hadn't taken the time to adjust his sporran and kilt for decency.

So the kilt flapped about for all the world to see. And judging by the grin on his face, the colonel knew exactly what he was doing.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
He face is very telling about his awareness. I imagine that he will be looking for a job after the Queen is made aware of this. This is wrong, not excuse for an action like this. She is the Queen and deserves respect. He also is an officer, there is bound to be rules regarding the proper wearing of his uniform. :( :eek:

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
Of Course he knew what he was doing. And I have to say, that took some serious balls to do.

Its not like the queen noticed or anything, I hardly find it to be offensive to her.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
Why is there still a Queen anyway? They've proven themselves to be as human as anyone as else in the world.

pooky

macrumors 6502
Jun 2, 2003
wdlove said:
This is wrong, not excuse for an action like this...
Come on, have a sense of humor (or humour, I suppose). I imagine he'll be sacked, but I would hope the queen would at least crack a grin about the whole thing.

brap

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2004
Nottingham
Ha! Stands to reason. They're generally "up for a laugh", it seems, since they wander around Canterbrury of a night and cause trouble. Probably just the territorials, though.
Barracks in question is 2 minutes' walk from my house :eek:

combatcolin

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2004
Northants, UK
tfaz1 said:
Whatever. She's lucky that the people of England still pay her rent.
Actually she owns pretty much everything she owns outright (well the crown owns it all, she has "usage" of it all) and pays taxes.

a LOT of taxes.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
wdlove said:
She is the Queen and deserves respect.
Why? Because she was born into privilege? Because her shoes are so sensible? because she has 'royal' blood? Because she was elected by the people?

oops

paul

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
paulwhannel said:
Why? Because she was born into privilege? Because her shoes are so sensible? because she has 'royal' blood? Because she was elected by the people?

oops

paul
Everyone has a part to play on this Earth. Overall she has done a good job. She is from a different generation and has different views on life. More than others she is trying to preserve life as it was know prior to the 60's. She deserves respect as a lady and our elder.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
But whether you think there should be a Queen or not is a different issue. She's still the Queen in our world, and she's still his boss.

You don't always like your superiors, or understand how they became your superior since that person may not be too bright or qualified, but a superior is a superior, and you just have to put up with it.

In his case, he chose to serve the army or whatever. He serves her.

johnnyjibbs

macrumors 68030
Sep 18, 2003
London, UK
That is a funny pic. Not many people have an opportunity to sit next to the Queen, but to flash and enjoy doing so is just funny. That grin on his face is hilarious. :D

Cybernanga

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2004
Essex, United Kingdom
Decent People

paulwhannel said:

oops

paul
She deserves respect because she is the official Head of State, I amy or may not agree with having a queen, but we have one and until that changes, then she get's my respect.

Also because she is a pretty decent person.

Any decent person deserves Respect!

palusami

macrumors regular
Nov 4, 2004
san jose, ca
Cybernanga said:
She deserves respect because she is the official Head of State, I amy or may not agree with having a queen, but we have one and until that changes, then she get's my respect.

Also because she is a pretty decent person.

Any decent person deserves Respect!
this is the same "pretty decent person" that treated princess diana like trash, right?

she deserves respect?

oh please...

Cybernanga

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2004
Essex, United Kingdom
palusami said:
this is the same "pretty decent person" that treated princess diana like trash, right?

she deserves respect?

oh please...
Ok, so she didn't like her daughter-in-law, then again, how many Mothers really do like their D-I-L?

She is still basically a decent person, she doesn't abuse her power, or wealth (at least not in an obvious or overt manner).

She's not running around saying "Off with his head…" or anything like that. She has not lived a normal life (wealth, public attention, etc) and seems to handle it reasonably well.

thecow

macrumors 6502
Nov 24, 2003
Timonium MD
wdlove said:
Everyone has a part to play on this Earth. Overall she has done a good job. She is from a different generation and has different views on life. More than others she is trying to preserve life as it was know prior to the 60's. She deserves respect as a lady and our elder.
So she deserves respect because she is trying to bring back the 60s?