Flashpoint: Milwaukee. Violence in the streets; More of Obama’s America.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by FieldingMellish, Aug 14, 2016.

1. FieldingMellish Suspended

Armed thug with record gets shot evading police on foot. Milwaukee burns.

Milwaukee Mayor blames Black Lives Matter, who, in Obama’s America, gets legitimized by getting invited to the White House, where Obama claims they’re doing a better job at Community Organizing than Obama ever did.

From the article:

City leaders pleaded for calm after the violence erupted, with Mayor Tom Barrett imploring parents of anyone at the scene to "get them home right now" after at least four businesses burned and one officer was hurt.

Black Lives Matter has “stoked hysteria,” Bishop E.W. Jackson told “Fox & Friends” Sunday. “A mass hysteria has taken grip” and President Obama has made it worse by embracing the BLM movement, Jackson said.

He added: The BLM movement works on the false premise “police are out hunting down black men.” They are “using race as a way of avoiding responsibility,” Jackson said.

Barrett said the 23-year-old man who died was stopped by police for "suspicious activity." Police said earlier that he was carrying a gun that had been stolen in a March burglary in suburban Waukesha.

More here:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/1...standoff-with-crowd-after-fatal-shooting.html

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Cops need to wait until they have been shot and near death before they return fire

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

In for all those defending the rioters and hoodlums of America. Personal responsibly in America is a joke as is the response of the black community when this happens and they simply turn and burn down their own businesses and riot.

4. ThisBougieLife macrumors 65816

ThisBougieLife

The man had a gun, was asked to drop it, and didn't. That presents a threat to the police and to others around them. At that point I would say the police were justified in using deadly force.

Just because a black man is killed by police doesn't mean it's time to start burning things. Sometimes it's justified.

But no doubt the media, in combination with an ignorant population, has created the illusion that all police are out to get innocent black people for no reason. And of course there have been some egregious officer-involved shootings. But they are not all that way--and no we are reading more and more about police being killed themselves. The country is not headed in a good direction.

5. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

6. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

"Something has to be done to address these issues," he said. "The black people of Milwaukee are tired, they are tired of living under this oppression, this is their life."

Give them a big mirror and tell them to look hard for the answer. It's right in front of them. Start with the kids family. I'll do the same for any city, town, family, regardless of race.

7. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

never anyone but the black families and kids fault. ever the police or others causing useless of course. always the hood rats fault.

8. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Who started the whole thing Steve? Why did the guys just not pull over like any other normal citizen would and deal with the punishment they likely would have been dealt for carrying an illegal and stolen firearm? This is a CLASSIC case of it being their fault. Denying that is just plain dumb.

9. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

you always blame the families never the cops never anyone else who is also responsible. cops are always right 12 year olds always wrong with you always. you act like only one party does wrong and the other is 100% innocent. not saying one way or other with this case but with you it is always the same cops are never responsible for who they shoot.

10. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

Stay on topic. Try reading the CNN link

11. thewap macrumors demi-god

thewap

12. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Pretty logical methodology Steve to start with the origin of the situation. Cops were doing their job in response to something and that something turns out to be the bad guys running, carrying a stolen gun, not complying with orders of a LEO as they are in pursuit.

Time to apply some common sense. However it is so lacking in matters like this it's no longer shocking to me. Drama is greater than actually solving a pretty clear problem. Welcome to the new America. :rolleyes:

13. FieldingMellish thread starter Suspended

I call it Obama's America.

We've seen relations degenerate in the past 8 years; appearing to accelerate within the past 2 years.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

I said you always blame the victims always never the cops. I also said I am not saying one way or other about this time. but you always blame the victim aways. hell you just blamed two innocent muslims for getting themselves shot. your great at blaming the innocent victims.

15. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Feel free to stick to this story in Milwaukee then and debate it here with me if you wish. We can then go to the other thread and debate that one. Time to come off your "general" argument in an attempt to deflect the details of each of the cases. Let me know when you're ready to discuss the specifics.

16. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

what you think cause you say something bad in another thread gives you a free pass when you do it in another. you blame is 100% for the non white person that gets shot no matter what. your responsibility stop at skin color or religion .

17. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

They think the black business owners are sellouts, or something - why don't you go down there and ask them nicely WHY they do what they do? Let us know. Might be educational...
    --- Post Merged, Aug 14, 2016 ---
    Splended! Then we can blame the GOP again!

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/mcconnell-wants-credit-economic-turnaround

He claimed it. Let's hear him go into detail as opposed to feel-good glossy one-liners that show how out of touch they actually are.

Bonus: Politifact claims that's false. The same Politifafct that conservatives claim is anti-conservative. So for all they know, Politifact is lying just to put on a show. Either way, using Politifact as a source to the GOP makes as much sense as Wikipedia regarding credibility. Thank you, yet again, conservatives. ;)

18. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Again, I carry the same view for white filth and have noted it here too. However, I can't remember the last time whites rioted and burned down store fronts over a crime like this. No need to bring out the football dumpster fire pics, etc. that happen on campus either. Show me a crime scene with a white running from cops with a gun who is shot and then the surrounding community being burned by their fellow whites.

19. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

Who hires most people, Obama or private companies? Maybe we can ask the latter why they aren't helping their fellow citizens in return to all the tax breaks, tax cuts, corporate welfare, bailouts, etc, they've received for the last few decades? College is increasingly unaffordable and private indusrty and free market have clearly had far more to do with those costs than anybody who backs the loan, all the job ads dictating huge degrees (even for entry level menial jobs) seem to be an aspect to this problem...

Chicken or the egg, either way there are probably many problems in the whole poultry farm. And since the US abolished slavery in the 1800s and used to abolish serfdom, people advocating those or what amounts to those may live it long before they preach it. Because at which point they won't be able to preach it out of guilt and suffering they caused...

20. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

because the economy overall sucks, they are still taxed way too high and can barely deal with the nearly flat economy.

college is unaffordable because there's no reason for schools to shut off the rising tuition they are able to get away with because the gov't is willing to keep fauceting loans to just about anyone. Supply and demand, it's not that hard to figure out.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

Obama's America? No. Our America. Stop trying to pin everything on Obama.

22. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

no they do it over sports. why would they riot over what they think is injustice when they don't experience it? how about a white shooting at hot hitting cops and not getting shot??? that happens a lot.

23. Savor Suspended

Savor

I would rather watch Pokémon Go stampedes happening in Central Park, NY or Long Beach, CA on YouTube than watch this level of hysteria over civilians fighting cops.

Remember that scene from War of the Worlds remake in 2005? Mass hysteria when people wanted to take the car from Tom Cruise's character? Or in World War Z when everybody was running across the city and ransacking a store? That's what I see coming up especially when neither presidential candidates are trusted by most Americans.

Part hedonism, part racism. Mass hysteria. All hate. A rat race to get that rare Pokémon or $100 discount on that TV. Probably why I need that Gear VR so much. Tune out from this harsh reality by going virtual and relaxing in it.

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I agree w/ the first two paragraphs, short of finding out the facts on the gun differed.

The rest of the post, less agreement but you make some valid points. I expect the media to report what people are saying they think and feel. It may in fact create an illusion but it's not by design. It's there for us to consider, and to respond to as best we can. There will always be those whose reponsie is inappropriate, or even illegal.

The last sentence on the country not headed in a good direction? Yes and no. I think back to where we were as the 2008 elections took place with global economy a mess and the local one worse. We're not there. That was global sinkhole saying c'mon down. We're in a far better place. Yeah I have posts all over the boards about what's wrong with how we govern ourselves but the country... the country's in pretty good shape except for needing to practice speaking with each other instead of yelling and shooting, and needing to stop putting ideology over common sense and common good. Those sortings-out will happen.

We are still a country of law, order and a great Constitution.

"The country is headed in a good direction: press 1 for yes, 2 for no" -- I have always thought that such a weird poll question.

"The country" is one's perception of how things are going on a particular day, let's face it. And Saturday night in Milwaukee didn't make for the wrap to a great day. But there were other places where Saturday night was pretty okay. And other places where unspeakable things were done to spouses or kids and no one else has a clue. And still more places where great joy was the theme of some wedding. It's a big country.

Maybe this "going in some direction" is in fact a construct of media. Let's not support it.