Flawless

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZBoater, Sep 21, 2012.

?

Was your iPhone 5 launch experience flawless?

1. Yes, perfect. Not a single ailment.

69.5%
  2. No, I experienced Ordergate, Delivergate, Scuffgate, Activationgate, etc.

30.5%
  1. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Who else had a flawless experience? From the pre-order being right (or short lines at the Apple Store) to the phone being flawless (no scuffs) to the activation being smooth, to the restore (if applicable) without incident? In other words, who had a flawless iPhone 5 launch experience?

2. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

Absolutely flawless.

Ordered the phone at 3:30am last week with no hitches through the Apple.com store.

Phone was delivered UPS before 10:30am as promised (wow!) in a small box. Phone was tightly packed.

No scratches/markings/anything on the device itself.

Only concern is that iCloud accounts and all that was a pain, but this was my own doing.

3. teamjaycub macrumors 6502

I'm on the west coast, so I'm still waiting for my delivery. (9:30AM currently)
    But so far, everything has worked out good.

4. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I voted flawless but I also have nothing to compare it to. Aside from figuring out which website/app was the best to use during the pre-order. I had no problems.

5. ugp macrumors 65816

ugp

Received a White and Black with no chips or dents.

6. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

My AT&T store opened at 8:00 am, and I was out by 8:40 am with a black 16gb. There were about 25 people in front of me, and they'd sold out of the black 32gb before I got into the store. I do have a scuff at the top of the phone out of the box. It's very small, but I'll be watching for more abnormal wear and tear over the next 30 days. If the scuffiness worsens, I'll swap for white.

All in all, I'm otherwise very pleased with the device. LTE is so fast, and I love the extra screen real estate.

7. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Other than having to order using Applestore.app rather than logging into their web site on my Mac everything was flawless, which was a bit surprising considering I was switching from ATT to Verizon. The iPhone, black 32GB is also flawless (at least for the moment). The move from ATT to Verizon is a good one so far, only 3G in my house, but at least I'm getting two bars and can make calls from inside my house. With ATT I needed to go out to the end of the driveway to get any reception at all. UPS delivered around noon, which is only 15 - 20 minutes latter than they normally deliver.

8. spinstorm macrumors 68000

I have a white iPhone 5 that got delivered at 9:30am this morning which is amazing as I never get courier deliveries that early even for Apple pre-orders.

There is a tiny, tiny hole in the aluminium back. It's like 0.1mm. I thought it was dust at first.

I'll get it swapped after all the hassle has died down at an apple store under warranty but other than that I'm happy.

I do worry about the resilience of the aluminium back. It would be certain to scratch and specially the shiny apple logo.

9. ZBoater thread starter macrumors G3

ZBoater

You sure it's not the back microphone? Just askin... ;)

10. mojo pin macrumors regular

mojo pin

So far I'd say my experience has been pretty flawless! There was a line when I arrived at my Verizon store this morning so I was pretty sure I wouldn't be getting one. But when they finally called my number, I was told that there was one 32GB white left! :) Setup went fine and there were no other problems on that end. Phone looks immaculate!

11. KPOM macrumors G5

It worked fine for me. At first I thought there was a scratch near the Lightning port, but it turned out to be some adhesive that had picked up some dirt. A quick wipe and everything was good. I have a white 32GB AT&T model.

12. siryne macrumors newbie

Flawless! I ordered my Black - Slate 64 GB iPhone 5 at 12:04 AM on the early morning of the 14th. Received it today (9/21) at 9:20 this morning. activating and restoring now.

This i one ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL WORK OF ART!

Peace!

13. TheBama macrumors 6502

TheBama

Flawless phone and easy activation even with it being a cross-line upgrade. Under 2min wait for AT&T and quickly switched over.

Restore went easy, and for once itunes even correctly organized my apps so everything is where I am used to it being.

I like having the fifth row of icons, to put a few more frequently-used apps on the home screen.

14. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

UPStupidity Gate? :p Took UPS an hour to find my iPhone and bring it to the will call counter. Overall, not bad. First world inconvenience.

15. ociphone3g macrumors newbie

On west coast..

just got 2 delivered at 9:30...all good

16. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

Received a 64GB white with a small scratch and a small nick on the back aluminum.

17. reputationZed macrumors 65816

Up at Hickory Tavern now, about four miles from my house, to field test LTE, grab some lunch, and a pint or two*. I'm a bit disappointed I'm still only getting 3G, I'm in a LTE Extended area, not a huge deal as the bar has WiFi, but I was hoping for 4G this far into town. Still hopeful I'll get 4G at work as they won't let us log onto the wifi with our personal phones

My experience so far

Apple - Awesome as usual
    Verizon - Not as good as I had hoped but still an improvement over AT&T

Most striking difference so far (coming from an iPhone 4). This thing is light!!!

* If your ever in the Charlotte NC area give Old Mech Copper a try. Awesome beer

18. Aaron H. macrumors newbie

Mostly Perfect

Ordered 64Gb Black AT&T at about 12:15am via the Apple Store app since the website was down. Was dismayed to see that UPS was shipping mine as they delivered at 9pm last time. However, they were at my door by 9:30am.

Still doing the full restore of my apps and awaiting the email confirmation from AT&T that the new sim has been activated. At this point, I don't seem to have cellular data on the new phone just yet.

19. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Isn't this thread for people who don't have issues with their device?

20. Ralahax macrumors newbie

I had a pretty flawless experience.

Woke up late so no release day pre-order for me. Walked into the Verizon store on my lunch break and was able to walk out 25 minutes later with a white 32g phone and my number ported over from Sprint! I wasn't expecting delivery till next week. Called to cancel my preorder took about 5 minutes to confirm, all is good in the world!

21. ZBoater thread starter macrumors G3

ZBoater

Maybe. But I am asking about the entire experience. Not just the device.

22. drew0020 macrumors 68000

drew0020

I ordered a white AT&T 16GB. The edges have 2 big chips. Should have never made it past quality control.

23. alia macrumors 6502a

alia

It had a poll, so I took it! And I wasn't even the first to post an issue. Hostile much?

24. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Received a black 32gb. No scuffs but a couple chips. One on the plastic edge on the front, one on the aluminum band on the back and one on the edge of the home button. At this point, I don't really care. If I find any issues with the screen then maybe I'll do something.

25. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Really? Got some pics of the chips?