Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Was your iPhone 5 launch experience flawless?

• Total voters

BDoggPrelude

macrumors regular
Jul 19, 2009
Colorado
I've had a 99% flawless experience. Phone showed up via UPS at 10am today. Activation and restore were fine. Love the phone. My only issue is that it won't connect to my AT&T MicroCell. I did a little searching and it seems like this has been a common issue that AT&T is working on right now. I'm very happy though.

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
You sure it's not the back microphone? Just askin... ;)

Ha... No it's on the metal part. It's really really small but it shouldn't be there. I'll get it swapped when I can walk into an apple store without being crushed!

Buckeyestar

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2011
Such a great experience this year. I switched to Verizon this year and preordered through them since the Apple store wasn't up right away. My order went through effortlessly. I got my phone just before I left for work and set it up, including porting my number from AT&T, in just a few minutes. My phone is blemish free and beautiful. I couldn't be happier with my entire iPhone 5 experience.

chris2k5

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I preordered through Verizonwireless.com ... PERFECT
I suffered from WaitGate ... NOT PERFECT
I had FedEx issues (DeliverGate) ... NOT PERFECT
My phone is flawless ... PERFECT

dfroshie

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Perfect

2 white iPhone 5's 32 ATT. Ordered in seconds, arrived today, activated within minutes... Best phone I've had EVER:D

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
64GB Black (immediately in case that I ordered last week).

Ordered 12 minutes into online window last Friday.

Delivered today at 9:42 AM 09/21/2012.

Seamless setup & restore from iPhone 4 backup made last nite.

Happy, happy, happy.
yellowsmiliedancingandscreamingwith.gif

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
64GB of 100% perfection, but this goes well beyond the phone today (read other posts)....

JoshObra

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Los Angeles
Semi-flawless here.

Just a scuff the size a trimmed beard hair on the bottom bezel but I think I'm over it now.

But I'm still debating if I should swap it for a white one now (and get rid of the scuff) as it is starting to look more appealing than the black for some reason, so looks like I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

Decisions.. decisions..

x6kiv8.jpg

Image enlarged so much that it looks much more worse than it looks. But it's not as bad as I've seen on other posts.

I8P'CS

Suspended
Jul 29, 2010
Absolutely flawless. Great device, Took my iPhone5 40 mins to die on 1% hope that continues was on the phone and watching youtube and the battery wouldn't die as i wanted to fully drain.

Received yesterday.

toondw

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2009
Northumberland, UK
32gb, black.......ordered from apple.com 1 hours after they went live, arrived on release day, flawless! Not the slightest mark, nor any marks after 4 days of use......

lentini

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
I had a damaged iPhone out of the box but everything else (the ordering, delivery, replacement process, my replacement) was flawless

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Oh, what the hell? I'll chime in too.

I'm still experiencing unfulfilled-pre-order-gate.

Pre-ordered at Best Buy 2 hours into them being taken on the 14th, and the store still hasn't gotten a shipment of my capacity/color/carrier that I ordered.

Wahh, life is hard, martyr, etc.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Actually, yes and no...

I ordered in store (my sales rep actually did it before hours for me) and it never got shipped. I went to my store around 8:30 am. They had iPhone available to sell. Since my status was still "Pending," I was able to cancel and get a phone on the spot.

I was glad this happened, because I ended up with a 32GB instead of the 16GB that I pre-ordered. I was on the fence and since I never filled up my 16GB 4S, I went with it. However, I rarely used my phone for anything other than calls and some texts. I seem to be using my iPhone a lot more now. My iPad and iPhone get fairly even usage.

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
I got my preorder in early on Apples website. My AT&T White 64GB iPhone 5 arrived at my house on launch day a little after 10am. It was perfect right out of the box. No scratches, dings, marks, or yellow screen. The battery life is awesome. I get 8 hours of use and over a day and a half of standby time out of every change. The only thing that is taking me some time to get used to is just how light the 5 is as compared to my old 4S. This by far the best smartphone I have ever had. Apple did a great job with this new iPhone, at least in my opinion they did. :)

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Perfectly flawless. *Only* "hitch" was I couldn't get in via FireFox but I just hopped on the Apple Store App and had mine reserved by 12:08 AM PST.

Tracking was perfect. Delivery at 9:48 AM PST.

Perfect condition.

Couldn't be happier! :)

needfx

Suspended
Aug 10, 2010
macrumors apparently
Semi-flawless here.

Just a scuff the size a trimmed beard hair on the bottom bezel but I think I'm over it now.

But I'm still debating if I should swap it for a white one now (and get rid of the scuff) as it is starting to look more appealing than the black for some reason, so looks like I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

Decisions.. decisions..

Image enlarged so much that it looks much more worse than it looks. But it's not as bad as I've seen on other posts.

those specs on the plastic film, are those the parts missing from your phone? if it chips that bad, I think you should run to the store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.