Flight records and testimony prove Trump lied about whereabouts related to pee tape

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by R.Perez, Apr 24, 2018.

1. R.Perez macrumors 6502

R.Perez

Sources:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/23/trump-moscow-overnight-stay-mueller-comey-545834
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...s-illuminate-mystery-of-trump-s-moscow-nights
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...-tape-whereabouts_us_5ade5610e4b036e7aeb59162

2. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Far too much attention has been paid to the “pee tape.” We have tape of Trump confessing to sexual assault and that didn’t move the needle. His supporters have ample evidence that he’s a scumbag, but they still support him. One more tape won’t make a material difference.

3. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

You really think anyone cares if Trump had a hooker pee on him?

4. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Yes, people care about character. I'm sure Melania would care. And people care that their president is a pathological liar.

And by the way, in the interests of accuracy, the story does not involve them peeing on him, just on the bed.

5. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Pffftttt. If that’s the case neither Clinton would have made it as far as they did.

Do you commonly inject yourself in other people’s marriages? Mind your own business. Melania strikes me as someone who is most capable of handling herself.

Pffftttt. If that’s the case neither Clinton would have made it as far as they did.

6. BoxerGT2.5, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018

BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Yeah I really don't think his voters care about character, then again I don't think the ones who voted against him do either.

7. 0007776 Suspended

If people cared about character then Trump wouldn’t have been elected in the first place.

8. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

So it’s everyone’s business when it comes to what happens in the bedroom? A women could **** on his chest. Gross yes, but who cares? Btw when it comes to Melania, she’s going to divorce the president when his presidency is over. IMO she’s enjoying her 4 or 8 years as the First Lady then she’s going to bounce.

9. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

I really don't care about activities between consenting adults. If that's what he likes, more power to him. Who knows, maybe Melania is into it too.

I do care whether someone is under the thumb of a foreign power. No idea what's going on here. But it's definitely worth the press and the justice department investigating.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 24, 2018 ---
    Character, maybe maybe not. But for sure the two groups care a lot about different types of norms.

10. 0007776 Suspended

She probably would have divorced him already except she lied on her citizenship application and doesn't want to get deported if she makes Trump mad at her.

11. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

At one time and if it was any one else, they’d end up resigning in scandal. But not Donny, he really has an excellent Teflon coating or the Nation’s standards have fallen off a cliff as in embrace the madness. :oops:

12. BoxerGT2.5, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2018

BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

JFK is still revered today, he screwed everything that moved, Clinton was defended to the hilt, and Ted Kennedy (the lion of the senate) murdered a woman and was reelected multiple times over 30yrs. When were the national standards high?

Before anyone spouts off about "whataboutism", we're talking about having a standard.

13. raqball macrumors 68000

Todays hysterical topic of the day.. Can't wait to see what tops the list tomorrow! :D

14. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

What did she lie about? I remember the Einstein visa stuff but don’t remember talk of her lying.

15. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Ah yes the Cleveland Steamer.

16. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

Very well put.

You know, it’s really not even the fact that he has slept around (people make bad choices all the time). It’s the fact that there’s no contrition...at all. And beyond that, no one is even demanding any.

It’s like we’re all living in bizarro world and just pretending this is OK. It really shouldn’t be OK for married people to normalize serial adultery. Is this really what the culture is nowadays?

17. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Again with equivalence arguments. Nobody previously has worn scandal on their sleeve with such pride and the voters, at least some portion of them are happy to put a con man in charge. Ted Kennedy murdered no one. Clinton was investigated extensively for White Water but got impeached for an unrelated affair, the definition of a Ken Star fishing trip. In hind sight, JFK had affairs but he was killed before they came to light by the population in general. Trump besides being incompetent, is one of a kind for all manor of sleaze, crooked deals and wears it proudly.

18. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Go drive your car into a body of water with a passenger, get out and go to bed without telling anyone while they suffocate to death and see what happens to you. My guess is you'll be spending time behind bars because 1. Your not a Kennedy and 2. You don't live in Massachusetts. I mean my god the people who bitch about white privilege and then defend that. That is the very definition of white privilege and we're still defending it. How the hell does one sleep at night with that amount of conflict in their own minds?

Clinton's history of sexual harassment/assault is pretty well documented and JFK was one of the mother of all womanizers and is applauded like his brother on the left. So I ask again, when were standards high?

19. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

What's the difference between a garbanzo bean and a chickpea?

I've never paid $100 to have a garbanzo bean on my face.

20. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Are you denying making an equivalence argument? :) If they are all sleazes, you should be hating Trump, no?

21. JayMysterio macrumors 6502

JayMysterio

Just so I'm clear... That means you are alright with Kennedy, Clinton, & JFK, and wouldn't press charges on them if you conceivably were given the power? Meaning that you aren't upset by their past actions, so that's why you aren't upset with the actions of 45? I mean if you're washing your hands of 45 with the soap of equivalence, none those past transgressions are really that upsetting after all. Right?

22. DoubleFlyaway macrumors 6502a

DoubleFlyaway

I don't understand why we are even arguing about this. No one thinks that the primary thing wrong with Trump is adultery. Saying, hey, others had affairs doesn't make Trump otherwise a normal President.

Again, I don't care about golden showers at all. I slightly care about adultery of other people (because if you do that to someone you love, what are you doing to others?), but not enough for it to overcome a preference with regard to policy, competence, and adherence to institutional values.

23. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

I think Trump is an absolute idiot and has no place in our government, I didn't vote for the man. I've been pretty clear on my position regarding Trump. Just cause I say "who cares if a hooker pees on him", doesn't mean I support the man or his hookers.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 24, 2018 ---
    I'm questioning how anyone can defend those past men and then sit there and talk about the importance of character in our leaders. Again, I ask when were standards high?

24. Zenithal macrumors 604

Kennedy and JFK, @JayMysterio? :p

Personally, I'm not fine with Trump for this. Also wasn't fine with Clinton cheating on his wife, or Kennedy being a womanizer. Funny thing is, people love to ignore that part of Kennedy, or that his father was a crook inside the government. Trump's a pervert and really disgusting for even doing this pee thing. Then again, I wouldn't want Pence as President either. Too questionable.

25. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

If true, it would be one of the many things wrong with him as POTUS, not so much as him, private business tycoon and low life.